JOB TITLE: Product Manager, Customer Engagement
REPORTING LINE: Lead Product Manager
JOB LOCATION/OFFICE: London
Reporting to the Lead Product Manager, the Product Manager will be responsible for developing the product experience for customer account touch-points across all at all stages of the Customer Life-cycle and supporting other key Customer Engagement initiatives aligned to the company’s strategic goals.
This role will also be responsible for building out the strategy and delivering improvements to all aspects of our Payments or Responsible Gambling offering.
Based on customer needs and business objectives, you will work with the broader Commercial Product Team, Customer Operations, Marketing teams and others to deliver a market leading product experience that is scalable across multiple languages and jurisdictions.
You will be obsessed with how our customers interact with our products, using data and insights to ensure we solve customer problems at each stage of the customer lifecycle while developing a pipeline of compelling products that will differentiate the Paddy Power & Betfair brands in the minds of our customers.
You will also work closely with a broader community of product managers across Betfair & Paddy Power to share and leverage best practice.
The Product Manager will:
• Be metric obsessed, monitoring and reporting on product and customer KPIs, aligned to PPB strategic goals.
• Work with Product Managers across the team, to clearly articulate the respective customer “why” behind initiatives.
• Understand distinct segment personas, drivers of performance, behavioural attributes pain points and customer journeys and use evidence to demonstrate customer needs.
• Gather and manage product feedback from surveys, user research, customer data & analytics and A/B testing when required.
• Capture and translate customer problems user needs into requirements and priorities.
Align Product Roadmap to PPB Product Strategy
• Be responsible for developing and maintaining the Customer Engagement and Responsible Gambling roadmaps ensuring it is aligned to the PPB EU Strategy and goals.
• Liaise with the Lead Product Manager and Head of Customer Engagement to agree development objectives and translate into prioritised and measurable goals
• Provide clear product direction and focus on measurable outcomes and success metrics, not solutions.
Product Lifecycle Management
• Live and breathe evidence-based product development and day-to-day management.
• Be accountable for achieving Customer Engagement Product KPIs aligned to BF & PP strategy and Outcomes
• Obsess about driving positive customer impact, measuring and tracking key product performance and ensuring all stakeholders across teams are aligned to product specific goals.
• Work with Product Managers, Customer Operations, P&L, Trading, Responsible Gambling, Legal & Compliance and Technical teams to identify opportunities and improve customer experience and ultimately product performance.
• Co-ordinate competitor and market activity monitoring and continuously assess strengths, weaknesses and opportunities for our products.
• Coordinate product launches with the Product Managers, Marketing, Operations and P&L teams
• Lead on product launches with marketing and P&L teams and ensure that our Customer Operations teams have the right tools in place to support these products.
• Ensure all initiatives have defined customer needs, clearly articulated business cases and time-based success metrics that are agreed with key stakeholders
• Collaborate with stakeholders to define & communicate the product outcomes
• Work collaboratively with stakeholders to ensure buy-in, alignment and successful delivery of the PPB roadmap vs. success metrics
• Needs to assist in identifying and developing top talent both external to the team and within the team
• Needs to mentor junior members of the team i.e. Product exec or grad to develop their skillset
• Needs to champion ideation sessions within and beyond the product management team
• Needs to look for global product synergies and look to drive relationships across the group
The Product Manager will be…
• Customer Obsessed: Builds and maintains strong relationships with stakeholders; champions the needs of customers and the importance of exceeding expectations; builds and delivers solutions that exceed customer expectations; prioritises customer satisfaction and builds commitment in others to provide outstanding service
• Effective Communicator: Provides clarity on goals; is effective in all types of communication; adjusts communication style to fit the audience; consistently communicates the vision for Football and to inspire, energise and motivate others throughout PPB; ensures others understand how their efforts positively impact the bigger picture
• Quality Decision Maker: Makes quality, long and short-term evidence based decisions considering various inputs and through collaborating effectively; regularly practices and encourages cross-functional problem solving and decision making.
• Wins Together: Gains trust and support of others; can establish and engage networks to get stuff done; seeks out opportunities to partner across organisational boundaries
• Nimble: Is energised by new and unfamiliar situations and can learn quickly when faced with new situations and be open to new ideas and ways of working; proactively shares lessons learned across the organisation
• Hungry for Results: Drives teams in the matrix to achieve and exceed results with agility, pace and energy through high impact, bold and challenging objectives; always takes accountability for results and can cut across silos to make the right decisions that they and others can be proud of; develops a strong reputation with stakeholders for being trusted, fair and for doing what’s right
• Commercially Savvy: Aware of emerging external factors and changing market dynamics; has good understanding of business drivers and the industry to guide decisions and lead others
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Track record of outperformance vs. peers
• Experience working in an online business
• Online product management experience is essential
• Experience owning complex online products and working with senior stakeholders
• Knowledge of the sports betting industry would be an advantage
Flexible working options:
1. Working from home
2. Flexible working hours