Flipp is a marketplace that connects Consumer and Retailers. We are looking for a Director of Product, to help make Flipp “the largest and most relevant digital mall in North America”. Millions of consumers already use Flipp to help them find deals, and spend their money wisely.
What does it take to create the largest and most relevant digital mall?
How do we leverage millions of users and hundreds of retailers?
What is the impact of growth (retailers/categories/items) on consumers?
How do we best onboard consumers and keep them returning to our mall often?
How should product utility evolve to ensure we continue to delight consumers?
What does it take to build and lead a team of high-performing product people?
We want someone to be passionate, even obsessive, about answering these questions.
Most of the things you’ll work on:
- Strategic Planning – Play a critical role in strategic planning, by providing thought leadership for your portfolio, helping create/implement the correct frameworks, and evangelizing your team’s product vision and strategy.
- Coaching & Leadership – Get the most out of your team of product managers, mentoring them on their products, careers, and the product management craft.
- Lead Cross-Functionally – Work with product, marketing, engineering, design and analytics, to ensure your product vision is delivered via mission-based teams. Turn ambiguity into clarity in a fast-changing environment.
- Goal Oriented – Find innovative ways to drive toward the desired goals and objectives, regardless of circumstance. Think through problems and develop solutions quickly, breaking down problems into logical steps.
- Think Deep & Act Quick – Ask a lot of questions and think deep about users but know time is of the essence – you’re encouraged to fail fast and come up with insights/recommendations, then continuously improve consumer engagement
You’ll need to have:
- Track Record – Your key accomplishments show a proven track record of successes. You like setting big goals, and are driven to deliver.
- Strategy & Execution – Able to create a great product vision, thinking big picture, while showing a bias to action via tactical execution
- Team Building – History of recruiting and managing high performing product teams
- Product Craft – 5+ years of product leadership experience. Understanding of multiple frameworks and their appropriate application.
- Inspired Leadership – Listens and builds consensus and momentum up/down/across organizations, by effective communication and passion. Creates simplicity out of complexity.
- Consumer & Revenue – Created material growth of a consumer facing and/or revenue generating product (preferably in a multi-sided market).
- Analytical – Is able to interpret and challenge data to identify opportunities and issues. Strong data-driven approach in decision making (via KPIs and metrics).
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline
Here’s how we work:
From working with top technologies to sending you to industry-leading conferences, we will make sure you have all that you need to expand your knowledge and grow your career. We have a trust-based culture where all team members are empowered to work in the way that’s best for them to thrive.
Our culture is at the center of all that we do, and it has been recognized through numerous accolades over the past three years including: Best Workplaces in Canada, Deloitte 50 Best Managed, Best Workplaces in Canada for Women, Most Admired CEO and Top 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures.