at Quorum (View all jobs)
Our engineers work the full stack using tools like React/Redux, Django, PostgreSQL, Swift, and much more. You will be working in an interdisciplinary, teamwork-oriented environment where you will help build the most powerful advocacy platform on the market.
- You think carefully and critically about software products and how clients interact with them. You have at least a year of experience managing a complex technical product and care deeply about every pixel and every piece of the user experience from onboarding and beyond.
- You have experience working with engineers and want to maintain a code-level appreciation of how our product works. If something is broken, you’re able to point an engineer in the right direction, but if you just need to change some text, you’re comfortable making a minor tweak and submitting a PR now and again.
- You’re a highly-motivated self-starter who wants to make valuable contributions to a team from day one.
- You’re an engaged learner — you want to expand your skills, get your hands dirty, and find solutions to challenging problems that require tradeoffs.
- You want to work in a fun environment where you can form real friendships and where you have a strong sense of belonging at a growing startup.
- You’re excited to pitch in wherever needed, from helping prioritize bugs to talking to users to helping to ensure that our product backlog is organized.
- We’re a small team that works fast. Iterating and shipping code quickly is in our DNA. Done is better than perfect, but we do our best to build systems that let us move quickly without breaking too many things.
- We support many different products but internally think of them as one system with a single unified codebase. Our goal is to build centralized systems that handle the hard stuff for multiple features and products.
- We live on the cutting edge of software engineering in both our frontend and backend. We rely heavily on open source tools but aren’t afraid to dig in and make something better ourselves.
- We’re very close as a team — we work together, hang out together, eat together, and some of us even live together. Previously, The Washingtonian described us as “DC’s nerdiest group house… shaking up Washington’s oldest trade.”
What You’ll Do
- First week: you’ll meet clients from each of our different products and learn about their needs. You’ll dive deep into how the product works and how we design, market, and teach it.
- First month: you’ll implement a new system to facilitate onboarding and work with several engineers to ensure that the new features they’re building make sense for non-technical users and incorporate ideas from across the company
- First 6 months: you’ll be directly involved in the day-to-day management of the technical team, helping to ensure that we’re building the right things and spending time in the right places
- First year: you’ll help guide our team as we make broad decisions impacting our stack, our products, and the growth of the entire company
If you’d like to learn what it’s like to have a real impact at a fast-growing company that is changing the way the advocacy process works, drop us a line. We’d love to talk to you!