We are Automata, and we’re excited to introduce our affordable, accessible 6-axis collaborative robot arm, Eva, to the world.
We are looking for a Product Manager.
Your success means that Automata is continuously improving on making robots easier to use and more affordable through the products we release.
We’re building a game-changing product, and what we’re doing here is going to redefine what it is to ‘work’. To achieve this we have had to build teams dedicated to delivering on engineering, manufacturing, logistics, product, sales, marketing, and customer operations.
As a Product Manager, you will be working alongside Product Owners across all of our multidisciplinary product teams. Your role is to listen and act to improve how Automata designs, releases and grows, this means you’re a sharp thinker who is resilient, tough, can navigate hairy situations, can read a room and know when to step back or when to speak up and who to talk to create change in the company.
We understand that this is a wide remit and will require you to create definition and clarity in many areas if that excites you more than it worries you then you are probably right for this role.
In more specific terms:
- You will work across the various teams in Automata that range from Engineering, Manufacturing, Product, Sales and Marketing, this means being able to have useful conversations in each area without having to be a subject matter expert in any one of them
- You will be involved in setting the key strategic metrics and milestones that track our products performance, as well as designing and maintaining our product roadmaps
- You will be involved in the restructuring of teams and org structures to ensure they match Automata’s mission and product roadmap.
- Focus on internal communications and information sharing across the company
- On that note, your tool of choice is communication, as you will need to manage change in the way we do business at Automata. This might mean communicating and highlighting success stories as well as having tough conversations when things are not working and creating buy in to lead the changes required.
- Upskilling other members of the team in areas such as communication, prioritisation and Product Management
What we’re looking for:
- You’re at home in an Agile environment, overseeing Agile sprint development
- You can groom and prioritise a Product roadmap in your sleep
- Comfortable working with multidisciplinary teams across software and hardware
- Experience writing specification for requirements: users stories/epics, (non-technical) test conditions, deployment readiness
- Work with a talented, passionate, and diverse team of humans (and robots) democratising robotics and creating the future of work
- Generous growth & development budget for you to spend every year
- Company backed pension scheme and attractive share options package
- Unlimited holiday
- Fully flexible working
- The right technology setup for you to succeed in your role
- Company sponsored cycle to work & tech schemes (tax savings!)
- Fully stocked office pantry – free breakfast & snacks
- Lunch on us every Fridays – featuring local craft beers
- Social clubs organised by the team (run/climb/salad/boardgame… suggest something new!