At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you passionate about contributing meaningfully to battling cancer? Then join us here at MSK, where we can provide you with the opportunity to make a difference with your career. We believe this is a very exciting opportunity for someone who has the right skillset and drive to make an impact to support our mission here.
As the Director of Product Manager at MSK, you will be tasked with creating a Product Management Team that develops solutions and implements requirements to support the growth of MSK commercial products worldwide. The Product Management team will work closely with our Engineers and Data Scientists to guide products from conception to launch. Since this is a new team, at the very beginning you will be responsible for bridging the technical and business worlds as you design services that our customers love.
– Launch products on a regular basis.
– Identify market opportunities and work with other leaders to define product vision and strategy.
– Understand customer needs and gather product requirements.
– Develop new products and enhance existing products.
– Engage closely with the Engineering and Data Science teams to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable implementation schedule.
– Recruit, mentor, and create the right environment for other Product Managers to thrive.
– BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
– 6 years of product management or related experience.
– Experience with product management or product design with a focus on software products and technologies.
– Experience developing Internet products and technologies.
– Experience recruiting other product managers and creating the right product management culture
NICE TO HAVE:
– Master of Science or Business, or PhD.
– Experience building products in the healthcare space
– Experience with managing products working closely with software developers and scientists
– Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance or Marketing; understanding of go-to-market commerce enablers (e.g. payments, loyalty, subscriptions, etc.).
– Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, and to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends; excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills.