User Experience Designer
We currently have an outstanding opportunity for a User Experience Designer position on the Intersect product team to enhance and create new product experiences for Hobsons. This includes advocating and leading a user-centered discovery process, serving as a point person for concepts and prototypes that will improve the experience of our products, and providing valuable solutions to students and education professionals. The User Experience Designer serves as an expert across the various disciplines of user experience, including user research, information architecture, interaction design, content, analytics and accessibility.
This position will be located in: Arlington, VA (Clarendon Metro) or Cincinnati, OH (Sharonville, OH) with a tentative start date of March 1st.
- Understand principles of Lean UX and ability to adapt process, activities and artifacts to best serve the team.
- Collaborate with a Product Research partner to ideate, craft, and facilitate recurring research initiatives, such as: user interviews, user focus groups, internal stakeholder feedback sessions and more.
- Maintain cohesiveness among multiple products that live under the same platform using and extending our existing Design System.
- Understand accessibility guidelines and collaborate with TPMs (Technical Project Managers) and engineers to help meet accessibility standards.
- Work with both Intersect UX team members and other Hobsons UX team members to provide applicable and predictable experiences across Hobsons platforms.
- Work closely with TPMs, engineers, and other team members to best fit good, optimal user experiences within the afforded project scope, budget, technical requirements, and business needs.
- Propose user experiences and design recommendations in the form of wireframes and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Assist with development and socialization of user archetypes, including personas, or contribute to existing ones as appropriate.
- Collaborate with distributed teams through traditionally agile ceremonies (stand-up, sprint planning, retros) to ensure the desired user experience is carried through the development cycle.
- Serve as UX representative for high-profile projects and cross-departmental meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in user experience, interaction design, information architecture or related field, or equivalent years of related experience is required.
- 3-6 years of UX experience with websites and/or web applications.
- Education industry experience preferred.
- Portfolio or examples showcasing experience in planning and creating intuitive digital experiences.
- Understanding of usability and responsive design best practices.
- Ability to own and articulate design decisions.
- Ability to collaborate with others.
- Basic understanding of the product development cycle.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must.
Hobsons recognizes the importance of taking care of our most valuable assets – our employees. That’s why we not only offer a comprehensive total rewards package but also continuously evaluate our offerings to meet the evolving needs of our workforce.
Benefits Include (but may vary depending on location):
- Affordable and Competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Match
- Flexible PTO offering for all Exempt roles
- Substantial time off for all Non-Exempt roles, including Floating Holidays and Premium Days for Volunteering, Personal Wellness and/or School Conferences/Visits
- Education/Tuition Reimbursement
- Life, AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Voluntary Employee Programs: Legal Services, ID Theft & Credit Monitoring
Work-Life Balance & Culture
- Company Closes December 24ththrough January 1st as a Paid Holiday
- Generous Holiday Schedule
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Casual Dress Environment
- Flexible Work Arrangement Opportunities
- Global Fitness Program Membership Discounts
- Hobsons Annual Achievement Awards Event
- Employee Funded International Charity Programs
- Adopt A Class – Local Community Involvement
- Work Perks Discount Program
To view our comprehensive list of total rewards benefits, please visit www.hobsons.com/careers/why-work-here. To learn more about Hobsons, and our products: Naviance, Radius, Naviance Active Match, Starfish and PAR Framework, visit our corporate web site at www.hobsons.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Ability to document identity and employment eligibility within three (3) days of original appointment as a condition of employment in compliance with Immigration Reform and Control Act requirements.
Note: U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
Hobsons is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.