Technical Product Manager – Data & Analytics Platform
About Intent HQ
Intent HQ provides the only purpose-built data platform for telecommunications businesses to create new value from their vast customer data. Intent HQ’s AI sees meaning in web, call and loyalty data and guides sales and marketing to improve customer experiences, customer engagement and organisational decision making.
The aim of Intent HQ’s platform is to help clients transform their business, by applying cutting edge AI & machine learning to create the richest possible source of customer intelligence.
Intent HQ is at an exciting place. We are starting to take on customers around the globe, providing a high value solution at the cutting edge of customer analytics, AI and big data. We’re also a small business with big aspirations, and we need the brightest and best to help us achieve these.
To ensure our Product team supports our growth, you will help us provide technical product leadership to a fantastic engineering team. You will work with stakeholders across the business to make sure that we build the right product. We want you to show craftsmanship in the following:
- Understanding the martech and adtech space
- Developing a thorough understanding of our existing tech stack
- Taking product requirements from high-level concept all the way through to successful delivery, engaging internal expertise across design, engineering and customer-facing teams to create the most valuable outcomes
- Leading this process for a unique data analytics platform product, aiming to make the operationalisation of data science as easy at huge scale as it is on a desktop
- Working with engineering teams to ensure deliverables are taken through the full planning cycle so that our backlog is well managed and user stories are delivered to exacting quality
- Market scanning to understand (and help define) our space, track competitors’ technical capabilities, and contribute to the overall product roadmap
What we expect
- You can demonstrate previous successful management of a diverse and varied set of deliverables from a strategic roadmap alongside competing client requests; making the difficult calls (with the right input) and managing expectations accordingly.
- You’re comfortable working with engineers; you are technical enough to ask good questions, understand (but not be constrained by) current state, and cooperatively evaluate solutions.
- You have a good grasp of the data science implementation lifecycle and the associated pains
- A keen eye for aesthetic detail as well as function.
- You proactively seek ways to add value to clients, and hold others to account for doing the same.
- You have experience in a similar role with a strong technical grounding.
- You are as comfortable talking with commercial leadership and customers as you are with technical teams. You make complex ideas simple to understand.
- You have a collaborative and can-do attitude and enjoy working with a small team; but can adapt as things grow.
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans.
- You communicate with empathy and precision, and can draw on a range of communication styles to express your ideas and get buy-in.
No two days or weeks are the same in our business, but you might expect your time to be spent overall as follows:
|Working with the dev team on story delivery||30%|
|Taking features from design to ‘ready for work’ with completed specs||30%|
|Working on feature ideation and exploring solution options for new requirements||20%|
|Making shipped features ‘release-ready’ with supporting documentation||10%|
|Competitor, customer and usability research||10%|
What does success look like?
By performing well in this role, Intent HQ will be well set to become a leading global player in our market. We will have a global set of referenceable top tier telco clients, a proven product that is delivering exceptional value, is easily deployed to new clients and we will be primed to support diversification into new product and industry sectors.
26 paid holiday days (plus bank holidays)
Company-supported pension scheme
Share option scheme
Beer Fridays and free breakfasts