As a Product Marketing Lead at Wi5 you’ll be the voice of the customer and the market when it comes to the technology product that we’re building. You’ll be working hand in hand with our recently hired and highly experienced product leader to make sure ‘WHAT’ we build is marketable to our customers (be it merchants/brands we’re working with or consumers who are actually using the product) and addresses their needs.
The successful candidate will own the ‘telling the world about the product’ part of the broader product domain and will be responsible for driving demand, user adoption, and satisfaction with our products. This is a pivotal and highly leveraged role within the company and your partnership with our product lead will play a crucial role in the ultimate success of Wi5, our products and the customers we serve.
- As our ‘outside-in’ product champion, you’ll be liaising with our customers and partners (mostly merchants/brands in the fast food, quick service restaurant, coffee shop space) to make sure their feedback is heard and that we’re always designing and building software with their needs in mind
- Collaborating closely with your product partner and the marketing team, you’ll create the go-to-market plan for individual products and work on product / feature positioning & messaging as well as product launch and user acquisition strategies
- At a company level, you will input into the wider marketing strategy, tone of voice and branding work. You will bring the ‘product’ perspective to those discussions
- You’ll own competitor analysis and benchmarking activities and you’ll be conducting regular market research and presenting it internally or sharing it with our customers and partners
- Working with data, you’ll be monitoring user acquisition and product adoption KPIs, spotting trends and identifying new user behaviours. You will then turn these insights into feature / product enhancement requests for the product team
- You’ll help conduct user research, generate user insights and develop user personas (in conjunction with product and UX)
- Considering factors like the value proposition, target audience and competitive landscape you’ll help design new products and develop value adding features for existing products
- You will lead product education initiatives and equip the sales team with the right tools and content to ensure that the merchants / brands we work with are always able to easily realise the full value of our products
- You’ll be expected to showcase our thought leadership in the wider digital checkout space at various industry events and conferences
- You have 6+ years’ experience in a tech-focused product marketing role OR you’re a similarly experienced digital product manager with substantial background in marketing
- You have successfully marketed a mobile app or a digital checkout experience ideally in the dining, fast food or quick service restaurant space
- You’re chiefly a B2B product marketer, but you can also understand the ins and outs of B2C product marketing
- You’re capable of designing a technology product or service starting from the press release. You’re very good at articulating the essence of technology products and the value they create internally and externally
- You’re a growth expert – you can devise effective programs to generate, acquire and convert leads for your product. You’re extremely creative and can quickly follow through on your ideas
- You have built a winning go-to-market plan for a technology product at least once in your career, and consider it to be a big deal – a natural extension of your product marketing vision
- You’re a self-starter, capable of working autonomously with minimal supervision but you’re also a team player at heart
- You thrive in dynamic, fast paced and highly ambiguous work environments where the answer to a question may not be immediately available and requires a great deal of persistence and perseverance to obtain
- You embrace change and you have some experience of working using agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum or Kanban)
- You’re that individual that the dev team refers to as the ‘marketing person’ but the marketing team refers to as the ‘product person’. You’re the bridge between those two worlds and you’re perfectly comfortable with being treated as such.
Nice to have:
- You have had some exposure to software product management and can double as an agile product owner if necessary (not critical – you should be a product marketer first and foremost)
- You’re familiar with Marty Cagan’s take on product management and have (ideally) read his book ‘Inspired – How to Create Products Customers Love’ (in particular the part about product management vs product marketing)
- You have previous experience in developing a meaningful and highly symbiotic working relationship with the product management function at a rapidly growing technology start-up
We expect all team members to show initiative and be proactive. The leadership and senior management team are extremely transparent about the who, what, where, when, why and how we’re building and growing the company, where we’re headed and how each role can best impact the success of this shared journey. We pride ourselves on making sure this is communicated across the business to all stakeholders.
We have a fantastic office a short walk from Borough tube station, which boasts its own private members club as well as the beautiful workspace. As part of Wi5 you’ll become a member and gain access to the club’s gym, cinema, exclusive social events and education programmes, as well as numerous other benefits – www.theministry.com