Product Managers at The New York Times build best in class products that deepen engagement with our journalism, directly connect our readers and our brand, and drive revenue. The native App Platforms team empowers teams working on our core news app across the business and newsroom to develop best-in-class mobile experiences.
The Senior Technical Product Manager for the App Platforms will drive the roadmap for the Platform team, and help build and support iOS and Android app experiences.
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with Product, Technology, Design, and Project partners including the coordination of feature teams submitting native code to our core news app
- Directly manage an Associate Product Manager, who will be your partner in pushing Platform priorities forward
- Partner with engineering to enable a modular codebase, allowing more distribution contribution to the apps from autonomous feature teams
- Evangelize Platform capabilities to the rapidly expanding NYT mobile developer community
- Work closely with Release Management to ensure that feature teams have the tools to quickly and easily ship their work to our readers
- Expand and iterate on our tooling to enable high-quality applications, including enabling greater automated testing
- Develop reporting and communication systems to help feature teams understand their impact on the quality of the Platforms
- Advocate for our mobile developers to work quickly and painlessly and for our readers to have a high quality and high performing experience
- Work with external platform partners to identify and push the latest technological possibilities on iOS and Android
- Minimum of 6 years of product development
- Expert knowledge of Android and iOS, devices, operating systems and mobile development
- Strong technical background, including knowledge of mobile application technologies, backend systems, infrastructure, and experience in an agile environment
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Leadership through collaboration and cooperation
- Curiosity and empathy
- Passion for journalism and the mission of The New York Times
- Bonus: previous mobile development experience
Benefits and Perks:
- Make an impact by supporting our original, independent and deeply reported journalism.
- We provide competitive health, dental, vision and life insurance for employees and their families
- We support responsible retirement planning with a generous 401(k) company match.
- We offer a competitive parental leave.
- We are committed to career development and ongoing learning, and provide employees $8,000 annually for tuition reimbursement.
- We have frequent panel discussions and talks by a wide variety of newsmakers and industry leaders.
- Join a community committed to the richness of diversity, experiences and talents in the world we cover, supported by a variety of employee resource groups.
The New York Times is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce, one that reflects the varied global community we serve. Our journalism and the products we build in the service of that journalism greatly benefit from a range of perspectives, which can only come from diversity of all types, across our ranks, at all levels of the organization. Achieving true diversity and inclusion is the right thing to do. It is also the smart thing for our business. So we strongly encourage women, veterans, people with disabilities, people of color and gender nonconforming candidates to apply.