NS1’s mission is to unlock the potential of DNS to deliver the tech that powers our customers and the world. We are the market leader in DNS and traffic management software and services, and our customers include the biggest properties and largest enterprises on the internet, such as Salesforce, LinkedIn, Squarespace, Pandora, Imgur, Yelp, Dropbox, and many more. Our modern DNS technologies enable optimized application delivery, couple via our APIs into the tooling and processes of today’s DevOps organizations, and deliver reliability and performance at global scale. We operate a worldwide, highly tuned Managed DNS network, and also deliver our technologies to customers as single-tenant software deployments. We solve incredibly challenging problems on behalf of our customers, in the most mission critical parts of their stack.
We are looking for a technical content strategist to join our product team. In this role, you will play a critical role in extending NS1’s ease-of-use competitive differentiation by providing best in class documentation and technical content. You will lead the creation and implementation of a comprehensive strategy that defines technical content deliverables to support an excellent customer experience and NS1’s business objectives. You will be the main contact for all our technical content, create some yourself and work with other stakeholders to help them create their own.
- Interview customers, partners and internal stakeholders to assess requirements and deliver a superior content experience.
- Establish and maintain NS1’s technical content strategy.
- Inventory existing content and prioritize delivery of new content. Maintain an ongoing content delivery roadmap.
- Work with stakeholders to create and update content. Own and maintain product documentation and other content.
- Coach and assist others to produce technical content. Work with them to maintain and enhance content for which they are responsible.
- Lead the evaluation and selection process for content production and management solutions.
- Ability to create content strategies that satisfy customer needs and deliver business value.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing clear, concise, and accurate public user documentation and educational material.
- Experience partnering with engineering, operations, product and support teams to create public content.
- Familiar and comfortable with modern infrastructure and technology such as cloud-based services, containers, internet protocols, DevOps tools.
- Ability to transform complex technical topics into engaging, informative and interesting materials.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with content management, document authoring, API documentation and other relevant solutions.
- Ability to implement and manage content workflows, and eagerness to advise others on these workflows and content creation best practices.
- Ability to work through ambiguity and competing priorities
- Interest in ongoing learning and continuous process improvement.
Nice to have:
- Experience producing videos which distill complex technical concepts into content easily understood by both technical and non-technical audiences.
Our technology stack at NS1, and the many systems you’ll have an opportunity to work with here:
- Our globally distributed platform is comprised of many subsystems including:
- Custom built DNS software that’s deployed on physical hardware and an anycasted network that spans nearly 30 facilities globally
- REST API, and Portal
- Deployment automation, CI/CD, unit/integration testing
- Monitoring, metrics collection and alerting
- Traffic load balancing, filtering, and DDoS mitigation tools
- Messaging, persistent DB and caching systems
- Other technologies and integrations include:
- Linux, Ansible, Docker & other container platforms
- BGP, BPF/IPTables, SDN, packet analysis
- MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, SQL
- Python (Twisted), Bash, C, C++14, React, Redux, D3
- Hadoop/HDFS/OpenTSDB, Grafana, Bosun
- Integrations with third party SaaS, APIs, and libraries, various Open Source projects including REST API clients and integrations
Working @ NS1
We’re a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York City’s Financial District with offices and team members around the world. Working at NS1, you’ll come to understand our team is unique, both in and out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, and athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. We’re hardworking, but we’re also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open and honest communication and we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, and creativity.
- competitive compensation (salary and stock options)
- medical, dental, and vision
- commuter benefits
- flexible hours and time off
- choice of workstation
NS1 is an equal opportunity employer.