ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Digital Experience – Search
Reports to: Dedicated Owner Search
Team Size: <5
Recruiter Name, E-mail: Danae Metsika, firstname.lastname@example.org
As Product Lead for Search, you will be in charge of Zalando’s internal Search Product. You will drive Zalando’s mission “to become Europe’s starting point for Fashion Search”. You will be leading a team of highly skilled product managers and work with engineers on Search end-2-end: From new experiences helping our customers finding the right articles to the IR & AI algorithms that understand their queries and ranks the most personal relevant results. This is a unique opportunity to help more than 25 million Zalando customers in 17 countries, speaking 12 different languages to find the articles they love. You will be part of the leadership team that is accountable for the positive development of the KPIs and the representation thereof to the SVP Digital Experience.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Deepen our understanding of the needs & problems customer face when searching for fashion and create a compelling vision to solve them
- Create products that uses our wealth of data and leverage state-of-the art AI & IR technology to assist our customers and produce the personal most relevant results.
- Lead a team of product managers and coach them to grow their skills and capabilities.
- Build and own the product roadmap that ensures that all teams focus on the biggest opportunities and establish efficient product development processes
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- True passion for product management and creating customer & business impact with at least 5 years of experience in building complex data-driven products that solve real customer problems
- At least 3 years of team leading, coaching and mentoring experience with passion to develop people to greatness
- A strong analytical background and expertise in one or more of the following areas: Search engines, Information Retrieval, Machine Learning / AI
- Ability to write documents and clearly communicate your product vision in simple and easy to understand language for a broad audience, including senior management and your teams
- Significant experience with product management including product discovery, requirements definition, and agile delivery processes
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Within Zalando Digital Experience (DX), you will work with many autonomous teams that live up to the standards of software craftsmanship, ownership and excellence. Along with our guiding set of principles we entrust you and your team to shape the future of Zalando.