Who we are
Dude Solutions is a leading provider of cloud-based operations management software to optimize facilities, assets, and workflow. We empower our clients and our people, combining innovative technology with operational insight to transform the places we learn, live, heal, work, and play. We’re both proud and humbled to play a role in the daily operations of so many clients, and we look forward to continually drive innovation, efficiency and safety throughout the markets we serve.
About the job
The Product Manager is a key member of the Product Management team responsible for the overall strategy, vision and roadmap for a suite of products serving the assessor and treasurer departments in the local government market. This role encompasses being the “face” of the customer segment which is an important component of the Community Development business in the Government vertical.
This business line includes products that help local governments manage their costs, leverage technology to operate more efficiently and improve the user experience of the citizens that engage with them through Dude products and solutions. Our products are focused on meeting the needs of communities across the country through the use of technology to support new/existing use cases, expanding third party integrations and improving user experience and visual design.
What you’ll be doing
- Own and define multi-year product vision and strategy based on a deep understanding of the tax administration function in the local government market to support the current and future growth of the product
- Act as owner and champion to collaborate with prospects, customers, Product, UX/Design, Data Analytics, Engineering, Sales, Product Marketing, Professional Services, Finance and Legal organizations on product strategy, product positioning, pricing, profitability, sales enablement and go-to-market strategy
- Develop a world-class sensing approach to continuously identify customer, competitor, technology, business model and market trends to discover and validate urgent and pervasive market problems
- Develop Business and Market Requirement documents, and work with your peers to translate these requirements into a roadmap and execution plan using Agile development methodologies. This includes defining and prioritizing features, specifications and user stories and communicating those user stories to the engineering team
- Leverage techniques such as personas, stakeholder maps, customer journey maps, customer lifecycle maps, and user story mapping to develop and refine new product concepts
- Serve in the role of Product Owner in an agile development environment including writing and refining user stories
- Develop and maintain a robust backlog for the product engineering team and ensure that the backlog is constantly prioritized to secure delivery of maximum business value
- Serve as the champion of the customer experience and partner with UX/Design, Product counterparts and Professional Services to deliver delightful user experiences across all customer touchpoints
What does success look like?
- You are Market-Led: You understand your market segment and a voraciously work to align your product roadmap with the existing and emerging needs of the market. You make decisions quickly and ensure there’s continual progress toward milestones. You decisively prioritize needs and requests coming from multiple directions in order to maximize the value to clients and our business.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders: You actively listen to strategy and needs from colleagues in sales, professional services and management roles. You transform those needs into product designs, discrete features and requirements (while not losing sight of the higher priority market needs), and then keep the teams informed and involved throughout the product development process with excellent communication skills.
- Design for users: You communicate directly and regularly with internal and external stakeholders to fully understand their workflows, mindsets, and experiences using our products. You serve as a voice of the customer, incorporating client feedback into requirements, designs and feature roadmaps. You work closely with your User Experience and Design counterparts to deliver a high-quality user experience.
- Work well with software engineers: While you might not have programming experience, you are savvy with technology, understanding databases, mobile applications, cloud-based software, web development, etc. You are not afraid to have interactive discussions with your Engineering counterparts in order to ensure that short and long term roadmap requirements are achieved.
- Leadership: You have leadership presence and lead via strong verbal and written communication skills. You are a team builder and lead by example with a voracious appetite for setting a professional tone, bringing energy and setting the example by leading with integrity with the employees around you.
What you need
Qualifications & Experience
- The successful candidate will possess 7 years product management experience with a minimum of 3 years product management experience on a SaaS solution, platform, marketplace, or other software-led product in an agile B2B environment
- Experience with Community Development, Facilities Management or Operational software a plus
- Strong evidence of keeping commitments and delivering results
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and analyze data to support decision making
- Experience working with and influencing product development teams and driving them toward a common customer and business vision all the way through to delivery
- Experienced at developing user stories and acceptance criteria and communicating business value to engineering team
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, Computer Science or other analytical or business acumen based field
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 5% of the time, within the US
- Demonstrate strong and clear accountability for the group’s performance and delivery
- Possess and model a big-picture vision as well as the drive and attention to detail that transforms the vision into a reality
- A pragmatic decision-maker, with the ability to prioritize tasks in the context of business objectives, technology constraints, and dependencies
- Build and establish credibility and value-add among peers and the Commercial organization and be highly respected throughout the organization
- Track record of evangelizing concepts beyond current offerings and driving business model innovation across products, services, and delivery channels
- Superb communication skills for both oral and written communication; ability to communicate confidently across all levels in the organization.
- Able to effectively lead by influence rather than direct control
- Exceptional client service ethic; comfort in communicating directly with senior executives and government leaders
- Entrepreneurial: High energy level, sense of urgency and intellectual curiosity, confident, thorough, not afraid to make decisions, oriented toward practical solutions. Passion for developing great products!
- Self-confidence: Confident, without an ego, to have both the conviction and willingness to make decisions as well as the confidence to seek collaborative solutions
- Strong work ethic: Ability to overcome setbacks and enthusiastically persist until ambitious goals are achieved—must be resourceful, creative and innovative.
- Accountable: Results-oriented team player who leads by example, holds self accountable for performance, takes ownership, champions efforts with enthusiasm and conviction.
- Great attitude: Scrappy, resourceful, collaborative, adaptable, fun, solid sense of humor and able to influence others.
Be the Dude
There’s no one kind of Dude. We are always looking for people that bring new perspectives and life experiences to our team. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspire innovation that runs through everything we do. At the core of our unique culture are our people – so we expect our candidates to have all the “right stuff”. If you are a big thinker, have a passion for technology and great people, embrace creativity, and are genuine in both words and actions, then get ready to do something incredible.
Join our team and be the dude!