The Sr. Director of Product Management is a key member of the Product Management team responsible for the overall strategy, vision and roadmap for a suite of products serving the state and local government market. This role encompasses being the “face” of the customer segment in which it supports and is a member of the Senior Leadership Team at Dude Solutions representing our West Coast office and Government vertical.
The Community Development business and Government vertical includes products that help local governments manage their costs, leverage technology to operate more efficiently and improve the user experience of the citizens that engage with them through Dude products and solutions. Our products are focused on meeting the needs of communities across the country through the use of technology to support new/existing use cases, expanding third party integrations and improving user experience and visual design.
What you’ll be doing…
- Own and define multi-year product vision and strategy based on a deep understanding of the Community Development market to support the current and future growth of the product
- Represent Dude Solutions West Coast office at the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) level – advocate for employee needs, provide local executive leadership presence and mentor/coach rising leaders to build and foster a strong and healthy local culture
- Act as owner and champion to collaborate with prospects, customers, Product, UX/Design, Data Analytics, Engineering, Sales, Product Marketing, Professional Services, Finance and Legal organizations on product strategy, product positioning, pricing, profitability, sales enablement and go-to-market strategy
- Develop a world-class sensing approach to continuously identify customer, competitor, technology, business model and market trends to discover and validate urgent and pervasive market problems
- Develop Business and Market Requirement documents, and work with your direct reports and peers to translate these requirements into a roadmap and execution plan using Agile development methodologies. This includes defining and prioritizing features, specifications and user stories – rolling up sleeves and being an individual contributor when needed
- Leverage techniques such as personas, stakeholder maps, customer journey maps, customer lifecycle maps, and user story mapping to develop and refine new product concepts
- Serve as the champion of the customer experience and partner with UX/Design, Product counterparts and Professional Services to deliver delightful user experiences across all customer touchpoints
- Manage/build ongoing Community Development Customer Advisory Board to build relationships with clients, test new product concepts and gather client feedback
What you need…
- The successful candidate will possess 7+ years of product management experience on a SaaS solution, platform, marketplace, or other software-led product in an agile B2B environment, and 10+ years of experience overall
- Experience with Community Development, Facilities Management or Operational software a plus
- Strong evidence of keeping commitments and delivering results
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and analyze data to support decision making
- Experience leading new product development teams (either as a direct manager or through informal leadership) and driving them toward a common customer and business vision all the way through to delivery
- Experience developing talent including coaching, mentoring, and building a Product Management talent pipeline
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Computer Science or other analytical or business acumen based field
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% of the time, within the US
Be the Dude
There’s no one kind of Dude. We are always looking for people that bring new perspectives and life experiences to our team. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspire innovation that runs through everything we do. At the core of our unique culture are our people – so we expect our candidates to have all the “right stuff”. If you are a big thinker, have a passion for technology and great people, embrace creativity, and are genuine in both words and actions, then get ready to do something incredible.
Join our team and be the dude!