The App Business is looking for a motivated and strategically-minded Product Owner to drive the development of our market-leading mobile products.
Part product manager, project manager and account manager, each TAB Product Owner works with our expert in-house teams to deliver innovative, high-quality software for major clients including News UK, Ford, Unilever, Transport for London, McLaren and many more.
You’ll work with key stakeholders to gather, understand and prioritise requirements for new or existing mobile products, and then communicate these to the development team in a way which is clearly and easily understood. You’ll take responsibility for defining a ‘vision’ for the product, and ensuring that every member of the team keeps that vision clearly in mind as development progresses. Ultimately you will own the product roadmap, using your strategic insight and feedback from various sources to iteratively evolve features according to user and client need.
The Product Owner acts as a bridge between our clients and development teams, keeping the client abreast of the project status and presenting output on the one hand whilst also working to get answers to any questions the team might have, clarify priorities, or otherwise solve problems. Day by day you’ll work in close collaboration with developers, UX and product designers, product strategists, solutions architects, QA engineers and other mobile experts to deliver high-quality software which is a pleasure to use.
Although we value self-organising teams, the Product Owner will often find their natural leadership skills called upon as they take responsibility for ensuring that software is delivered on time, on budget – and in a way that meets the business expectations. This is a rewarding, creative and challenging role which demands initiative, resourcefulness and good problem-solving skills.
If you have passion, skill, and want to join us in building great software and continuing to break boundaries with new ideas and concepts, then apply now and tell us how you will make a difference here at The App Business.
YOU WILL BE
• Commercially aware and a natural strategic thinker.
• Organised and pro-active, with strong attention to detail.
• A natural team player, who enjoys working collaboratively with colleagues and clients alike.
• Flexible and adaptable, with a “can do” approach and solid problem-solving skills.
• Focused on delivery, with a passion for quality and innovation.
• Someone who thrives in a dynamic environment and will contribute to ongoing organisational improvements.
YOU MUST HAVE
• 2 – 3 years experience working as a product owner, business analyst, project or account manager or a consultant, ideally in technology or a related field.
• A proven track record of delivering high profile, user-oriented solutions in a fast-paced environment.
• The ability to clearly articulate a product vision or strategy to others, and to ensure that everyone retains their focus on this vision throughout the project.
• Excellent client facing skills, with the ability to build trusted relationships with clients of all levels.
• A strong level of commercial awareness and a strategic mind with the ability to identify business opportunities and contribute to delivering against them for clients.
• Great organisational skills with the ability to thrive in a demanding environment whilst juggling multiple priorities.
• Superlative communication skills at all levels and in all mediums, from emails to formal documents and both written and oral presentations.
• An appreciation of what makes a good user experience, and the ability to balance this against other competing priorities.
• A highly motivated self-starter with a can-do attitude, even in the face of demanding deadlines.
IT’S NICE IF YOU HAVE
• A working background in mobile software development.
• Experience of agile development or project management methodologies
• The ability to capture requirements from business stakeholders and interpret and articulate these requirements to development teams.
• Experience of driving product and/or new feature development through the various stages of the software development lifecycle.
• Experience in creating wireframes for customer journeys
• Budget management experience
• Undergraduate degree at 2:1 or above.
Our interview process consists of two to three rounds, often starting with an initial telephone interview. If successful, we will invite you to meet with us face to face, where you will demonstrate your thinking ability as well as your skills and experiences. So if The App Business sounds like the sort of unique challenge that matches your ambitions, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
The App Business (TAB) is an award-winning, full service, specialist mobile software company that grew out of three inspirational years working with Steve Jobs. Helping to launch the iPhone, App Store and hundreds of apps convinced us that software is eating the world and that people are now turning to ‘apps’ to navigate their daily lives. With this in mind, we built The App Business from the ground up to help businesses meet the challenges and opportunities in our emerging ‘programmable world.’
We work with brands to help them create business-transforming software experiences, across smartphones, tablets, desktop, social media, even TVs – wherever the audience is. Our approach is ‘audience-led, technology-informed’, meaning we blend in-house app strategists and interaction designers with specialist software engineers to craft ideas and technology that actually works.
We’re a unique company that is changing the way brands develop ideas and engage audiences. Working with us, you’ll be exposed to a highly successful and entrepreneurial digital technology business.
We want people to develop at The App Business more fully than at any other point in their career. We take on big, testing challenges, provide all the support that people need to conquer them and give everybody an opportunity to shape the future of our ambitious company.
Our working culture is modelled on our experience with Apple. Ultimately open, friendly and relaxed, we’re committed to ensuring it’s easy for everybody to communicate, to share ideas and find solutions. This positive culture is created by our shared ambitions, passion and commitment to hard work.
• Holiday allowance of 22 days and an incremental day for every full year worked (up to 30 days).
• Extended Christmas holidays (that won’t count as holiday allowance).
• Healthcare cash plan.
• Cycle to work scheme.
• £250 per annum tech/gym grant.
• Training and development.
• Free daily breakfast/fruit/refreshments/Red Bull
• Free drinks on Friday.
• Team lunch every last Friday.
• TAB social events including Summer party and Christmas party.