We are looking for a Technical Product Owner to lead the development of FindHotel’s content service. This service covers everything from getting diverse content from our partner’s APIs to managing the life cycle of this content, merging and exposing them to our customers via many internal and external platforms.
As one of the world’s leading hotel marketplaces, we find amazing content for millions of visitors around the world every month. You’ll be responsible for the tools which are at the core of our business – finding the best content and getting them in front of our users as fast as possible.
If you like the idea of solving some of the toughest problems in travel, designing solutions that handle incredible scale and building a product that is the engine of our business – you might be the person we’re looking for.
What you will really be doing
- Working with the rest of the business and the leadership team to understand requirements and set our priorities, in both the short term (sprints) and long term (vision); you define the product roadmap.
- Managing the backlog for the services you own and ensuring delivery. You help to conceive the features, write the requirements, manage the build and implementation, and make sure it works as expected.
- Building a water-tight process for getting things done and delivering on our goals; if there’s something we should be doing then make it happen.
- Always being up to date on the latest technologies, our tech stack and changes in our industry. You want to be on the cutting edge.
What a day in the office might look like
You start your day with a daily stand-up and help identify and remove any roadblocks your squad is facing. Before lunch, you sit with the website team to review some new features they’re working on which might need changes to the API they consume. After lunch, you lead a planning session with the squad to share these changes, slice up the work and set the priorities for the next sprint. Before heading home you grab a beer (or another tasty beverage) and review the roadmap with the rest of the POs and the CEO to look for challenges ahead, validate ideas and spot opportunities.
You will be working daily leading a small team of amazing developers. You’ll be supported by a technical lead and by other POs around the company, and we’ll work together to make sure we’re all in sync and rowing in the same direction.
Why join now?
- We have just transitioned the product to a new platform, built a local team of experienced product developers which will double during 2019, and are looking to grow traffic from 2.5M monthly visitors to 10M+ within the coming year, lead by product improvements.
- Completing our mission means building an efficient tool users love. Doing that in a market as large and as competitive as online accommodation is a rare opportunity to make an impact in the online world.
- We are a profitable company that aims to grow from 40 to 100 team members in the next year.
Do you want to know if FindHotel is the right place for you? Find out by reading our CEO’s blog post
What we offer
- Lots of chances to learn and grow – you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the city, and be part of a culture which values sharing knowledge every day, and given a budget to attend conferences and develop yourself.
- We are on a mission to change the trillion dollar travel industry by focusing on benefiting the traveller.
- A profitable company with fast growth and a great scale opportunity.
- A competitive compensation package + perks and benefits. (including Stock Appreciation Rights)
- You will be part of a highly international team in a fun work environment.
- We value food, and offer warm meals (not just Dutch sandwiches).