We are Hostmaker – nice to meet you!
We are an excited bunch as we’ve come in at #3 on Deloitte’s UK Tech Fast50 2018! It feels great to pause for a second and cherish being categorised amongst such esteemed peers because on most days, we just keep our head down and stay focused on our vision of unlocking the potential of every home.
We deliver for our customers through a combination of thoughtful interior design and attentive hotel-style services that delivers superior earnings through our strength in dynamic pricing.
Hostmaker is a Series B funded fast-growing business backed by institutional funding from technology, hospitality and real estate investors. Marriott International, the largest hotel company in the world, chose to partner with us for their first foray in to serviced homestays, introducing Tribute Portfolio Homes in 2018.
We have scaled rapidly in just four years across major international destinations with offices in – London, Paris, Cote D’Azur, Rome, Florence, Barcelona, Madrid, Lisbon, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur and more to come!
Our culture is open, inclusive, transparent and honest. We are striving everyday to deliver the best possible experience to not only our hosts and guests but also our wonderful employees (we like to call ourselves Pigeons, in honour of our brand mascot, Sir P John.) We work hard, we have fun and we look after each other.
What will you be doing?
We have over 10 Hostmaker own products that are integral to how our business operates, scales and supports our Host and Guest functions. You will be working with product managers, designers and engineers to:
- Own your own Hostmaker products collaborating with designers and developers to bring your own ideas to life.
- Build road maps, user stories, engaging in rapid prototyping of new features and high-level implementation planning.
- Work in a fast-paced environment to deliver quick solutions and be able to see a direct impact of your work.
- Be able to take a step back, look at the bigger picture and prioritise emerging tasks to meet the needs of the business.
- Understand software design patterns and able to communicate hard technical requirements to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Work with key stakeholders and business leaders across the flock.
- Become part of a close-knit, hard-working team – you’ll need to be able to collaborate with the wider Hostmaker family as well as you can chat code with other devs
Who are you?
- You’re an engineer turned product guru!
- Ideally, 5+ years of software engineering experience so have the ability to understand engineering complexity
- You have 3+ years in a product role and are an impeccable communicator with stakeholders.
- You have many example of products/projects you have managed, end-to-end.
- You are a creative problem solver with the ability to foresee and solve user problems before they happen.
- You thrive in cross-functional teams and take a data-driven approach to decision making.
- A fast-growing Series B-stage company full of bright, engaged folks who’ll keep you on your toes everyday
- Competitive compensation
- No mega-corp fluff: we focus on results, not face-time