HERE’S SOME INFORMATION FOR YOU?
The role of the Product Manager will be to collaborate with customers, commercial teams and other key stakeholders in order to conceive, refine and deliver best-in-class products using Opta data across the media and betting space.
The PM will own the features roadmap and be responsible for the overall success of a project. They will knit together all the elements needed to deliver products across multiple platforms directing and influencing the different teams needed to get a product from the drawing board to our customers.
The PM will have an inquisitive mind and be interested in the changing nature of the sports industry and how data is helping to drive new products and innovation. They will also have a general interest in the ever-evolving digital landscape.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
• Managing the end-to-end delivery of a product from conception to launch. Working very closely with the Product Delivery team or third parties to ensure work packages are delivered to specification
• Defining new Opta products/features from a business perspective to ensure all requirements from relevant stakeholders are captured and feed them into the relevant delivery team. UAT testing to ensure the delivered work packages fulfil the original specification
• Keep up to date on developments and innovations in the wider sports media & betting data industry. Understanding key trends and technologies and looking at how they could affect our product strategy
• Playing a key role in the commercial and marketing message when new products are delivered
• Engaging with commercial teams and key customers to understand requirements and determining how that influences our roadmap for new product development and iterative changes
• Ensuring product documentation both technical and for marketing purposes is of high quality and up to date
• Run training sessions with internal support and commercial teams to champion new products and ensure successful launch
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
• Project management skills – experience executing projects within timelines with multiple stakeholders
• Detailed requirements gathering and documentation skills
• Communication and Stakeholder management – Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent knowledge of sports and how the use of data is changing
• Analytical mind – ability to use data to inform product strategy and decision making
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU HAD THESE DESIRABLES TOO
• Experience of working in a sports media environment, either online or in broadcast
• Likely to have worked as a Product Manager/Owner, Business Analyst or Project Manager
• Experience with JIRA, Confluence, MS Office tools
HERE’S A LITTLE MORE ABOUT US
Perform is the complete sports content provider. With over 1500 employees in 30+ global territories, we work with our partners and customers to change the way people experience sport around the world.
We create, collect and distribute cutting-edge sports data via Opta, performance data and tools to drive on-pitch success through OptaPro, sports news and content through Omnisport, and high-quality betting content through Perform Betting, all of which are underpinned by our globally trusted integrity operation.
By delivering more content, quicker, more accurately and in more detail than anyone else, we allow our customers to create experiences that engage fans and drive revenues.
THE BENEFITS YOU WILL ENJOY WHEN YOU JOIN WILL INCLUDE…
UK Benefits: 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years); Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance; Pension; Travel Loan; Cycle to Work Scheme*; Subsidised Canteen.
……………..And there’s more…… you’ll have access to the Perform online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. There’s also a structured management development programme for you. *Please Note – some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
Find out more at www.performgroup.com