EdgePetrol is on a mission to 10x the experience of running a petrol station portfolio. After one year in operation, EdgePetrol ended 2018 having captured 5% of the UK forecourt market. The plan for 2019 is to quadruple that growth, across the UK, Europe and beyond!
We are changing the way business owners run their petrol portfolios using analytics, Machine Learning, and simple data visualisations to help petrol retailers better price and order their fuel. We are well funded, revenue generating and selling to an eager market.
EdgePetrol is looking for someone that will report directly to the CEO, owning the whole Product function. This is an exciting opportunity to grow into a Head/VP/CPO role… It’s yours to earn! Sound interesting?
EdgePetrol is looking for a Senior Product Manager to propel us into our next phase of growth. This next phase will come from building a product that appeals to the Enterprise customer segment (that’s petrol portfolios of 100+ stations). We’re already in discussions with many large players (think UK/European supermarkets and European/African/Asian established oil suppliers) but we need you to get inside the minds of the enterprise client, tease out their main problem areas and help us solve them. Many Enterprise clients understand the vision of EdgePetrol and crave the visibility it will give them, but we do not have a product suitable for the Enterprise demographic yet… Help us build it!
What will you be doing?
- You will lead a group of 8 (and growing) engineers, collaborating with a designer, the CTO, and whoever else you need from the company to ship customer value each week!
- You’ll spend a lot of your time talking to customers, understanding their problems, and crafting solutions for them. You’ll turn this knowledge into a company roadmap and take these ideas from ideation to execution.
- You’ll be the main point of contact for internal stakeholders for all things product related
- You’ll probably help us internationalise the product – did we not mention world domination is our goal?
- You will decide with the CTO and CEO how to grow and optimise your team. If you need some junior Product help, you can hire it
- By the end of your first month at EdgePetrol, you’ll be an expert on our customers and their needs
What are you like?
- You’ve got 2+ years delivering mobile or web-apps as a Product Manager, Product Owner, Product Lead, Head of Product or similar
- You are detail oriented and organised
- You are okay with juggling lots of priorities and can distill multiple perspectives into getting the most important thing done
- You understand how to build product with a first principles approach – solve problems, don’t just build features
- You ideally have some technical product experience, you understand loosely how APIs work and can write up some basic SQL – if not, you are happy to learn on the job
- You enjoy thinking strategically
- You are not afraid to ask a lot of questions and love interacting with customers daily
- You’re hungry to help take a startup business from pre-profit, to profit!
Perks of the job:
- Tools you need to get the job done (Macbook Pros are our standard, but you can choose)
- 25 days vacation
- Competitive salary and potential equity based remuneration
- Budget for courses, books, conferences – your development is important to us
- Cycle-to-work scheme