We’re looking for a product manager to help us plan, design, build, and ship our web and mobile products for healthcare, health logistics and conservation. Our product manager defines, refines and advocates for each of the system-changing products in their portfolio, interrogating and extracting stakeholder requirements, guiding our technical teams in product creation and delivery, safeguarding and critically evaluating product placement. Our product manager will have a deep curiosity about the contexts in which we develop solutions, paired with a high degree of creativity and fluency with a range of quantitative methods for design research and product development.
Day to day, our product manager will work with our technical team to decompose high-level product design into structured technical requirements for implementation, liaise with clients to ensure ongoing product relevance, decompose and analyse complex data requirements, and define, conduct and analyse research to manage product performance and high level strategy. Ultimately, our product manager will help us push the boundaries of technological intervention in complex systems, and build our product suite as a platform for social and economic empowerment.
This is a full-time position, with frequent (but negotiable) travel requirements.
- Experience with and passion for design research and cross-cultural product development
- 4+ years’ working experience in a product design or management role
- Analytical thinker, high degree of fluency with quantitative methods, data analysis and manipulation
- Comfortable working with complex enterprise systems and datasets
- Professional experience managing mobile and web products through entire product development lifecycle from strategy to maintenance (portfolio required)
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to articulate product value proposition for a range of stakeholders, facilitate development process and manage diverse stakeholder demands on the fly
- Comfortable spinning up wireframes and clickable mockups
- Demonstrated ability to work and interact cross-functionally with experts on technical subject matter, developers, business development, public and private sector clients
- Demonstrated ability to decompose complex systems and data to produce comprehensive, coordinated technical requirements
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Willing to travel (Europe and Africa)
- Language skills: English (fluent)
- Professional experience
- in public health and/or supply chain management
- working on data-driven decision-support systems
- designing for novice or semi-literate users
- working remotely and with distributed teams
- working in West Africa, especially Nigeria
- Location: Abuja and/or Berlin
- Language skills: English (fluent), French (intermediate)