Avira is a leading global provider of self-developed security solutions for professional and private use. The company is one of the pioneers in this field with over thirty years of experience. Ours has been a journey marked by strong growth in a volatile industry. Driven by the belief that everyone should enjoy online freedom Avira offers powerful security for multiple devices. As a pioneer of the freemium business model, we have grown into a 500-strong multinational company that protects the digital lives of millions of users worldwide.
At Avira, you will be leading the innovation of the UI and UX across all platforms of one of the biggest security software companies in the world. Your work will touch millions of active users and will be used in almost every country around the world. You will play a very important role in shaping the company’s future through design.
As Head of Product Design you will have two main responsibilities:
- As an expert designer, you will be working on the design of Avira’s most installed desktop products.
- As a key voice of Avira’s design competence group, you will drive the evolution and rollout of Avira’s design system across the whole portfolio.
- Develop and evolve Avira’s design system and help lead the Design Competence Group.
- Collaborate with Avira’s Brand team to align product design and visual brand guidelines.
- Introduce and continue to innovate the motion design experience into Avira’s repertoire of design tools.
- Conceptualize, wireframe design and execute modern, complex digital product design experiences, including user interfaces and product flows for Antivirus desktop and mobile applications.
- Create rapid prototypes and oversee complex design development to the final product
- Offer design guidance and expertise to Development teams
You are a recognized leader amongst your Design peers. You may have won some Awards along the way, but you will definitely have some achievements you can tell us about when we meet.
In an ideal world, you will understand the software security industry. But this is not mandatory. We would, however, expect the successful applicant to be curious, passionate about design and collaborative. You will be aware of the latest technological advancements and opportunities and how they translate to Design. You will always aim to bring industry best practice to enhance the Avira brand.
- Excellent track record of digital product design projects
- Excellent verbal, written and visual communication skills
- Degree in visual communication, UX, design or related field preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in (software) product design
- Expert of information design & user experience design
- Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as web, desktop and mobile
- Experience with Sketch, Zeppelin, InVision, Adobe XD as a plus
- Experience with Design Sprints as a plus
- Team player who loves to work in a team environment
Our perks and benefits
- Professional challenges to match your interests and skills
- Flat hierarchies and fast decision-making
- International like-minded team
- Opportunity to work and develop knowledge in a professional environment
- Subsidized canteen, free gym, free ice cream, language courses, and other attractive benefits!
- Flexible working hours
- English as the official business language
If you are enthusiastic about broadening your technical expertise and have a desire to work in an environment that promotes creativity, research, innovation and fun, we would love to hear from you!