We’re looking for a Head of Product to lead carwow through a very exciting part of our journey. We’ve grown very rapidly with our current offering and are now making big fundamental improvements to our existing products and building totally new products to serve our customers better.
We want carwow’s product team and processes to be known as industry-leading and for our customers to be the most informed and empowered car buyers in the world and this role will be key for making this happen.
There are multiple product teams, working across everything from solving consumer problems, to improving editorial parts of the site, to dealer tools, to products for car manufacturers.
We believe great design is a competitive advantage and therefore this role will have our design team reporting to them. We want design-thinking throughout our product planning and creation, to create clear and intuitive products for our customers.
What you’ll need
- You love working on creating processes that work smoothly for everyone involved
- You’re an inspirational leader, and coach, who people love working for and with
- You’re commercially strong, with experience working in a business outside of just product teams
- You’re not afraid to say no to anyone at any level and you’re not afraid to make hard decisions
- You place a strong value in great product design
- You take a customer first approach (with ideally experience on an e-commerce, transactional website)
- You have significant experience using customer data to drive decision-making (incl. A/B testing, user testing (done-in-house), analytics, etc).
- You’re a clear communicator. You strive to get people excited and behind ideas, and are great at training teams to communicate effectively with the whole business
- You have experience running product across multiple teams in a high-growth company/companies
- No car industry experience required
- A competitive salary and equity in the company
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays on top
- A generous annual training budget for you to spend on your personal development
- Free access to Sanctus mental-health coaching sessions
- Monthly company-wide socials, Friday drinks, and whole company, international events (we’ve been skiing to Austria and France and hosted our very own carwow Olympics)
- carwow fitness and well-being groups open to everyone in the office. These include activities such as yoga lessons, squash, football, and tennis
- A dog-friendly office in Victoria, with free refreshments and a variety of breakout spaces – let Mat Watson take you for a spin around our office here
At carwow, we believe diversity of experience (whether that be personal or professional), contributes to a broader perspective and will lead to a more innovative company. We’re working hard to increase the diversity of our team and be more inclusive, so if you’re not sure you fit all of the requirements, why not get in touch? Above all, we’re looking for people with drive who share our company values (you can view them here).