This is a great opportunity to take on product leadership of a vibrant, successful, high growth company, with millions of users on our site and app and hundreds of partners, at an exciting time in the organisation’s development.
The VP Product will lead the product management, UX, design and project management at VoucherCodes.co.uk to design digital products and product updates – built by the in-house development teams – which are simple, reliable and delightful for our users, making it easy to find relevant content and savings, encouraging people to come back often and to shop more with our partners. The successful candidate will own the overall product vision and be able to bring new, complementary products and features to market to support the overall company strategy. The VP Product will report directly into the General Manager.
We are looking for a senior level Product person with experience of delivering in a company which has a portfolio of digital products at different stages of maturity. You will be able to organize, make good decisions and execute rapidly as you lead a team of passionate, talented product managers and designers to successfully scale the company’s products. You will have experience utilising customer research and feedback, market data, rich usage analytics and industry trends to anticipate market, business and technology changes and drive decisions on how to create wonderful customer and retailer solutions for use on mobile, tablet or desktop.
• Identify market opportunities and define product vision and strategy to achieve the overall company vision, including maintaining market leadership in the voucher and discount space in the UK, online and inStore on all platforms (> 7 millions users and > 3.5 million app downloads
• Lead a team of product managers to develop new products and enhance existing products to achieve the vision, taking into account customer research, technology developments, existing assets and relationships, as well as business goals
• Establish world-class product and design operating rhythm, processes and interactions with business stakeholders and development teams, leading to great communication, decision making and execution velocity, with the ability to evolve as product portfolio grows
• Establish shared understanding of the product vision, strategy and plan across the company, building consensus on priorities leading to product roadmap and execution
• Spot digital trends early and champion them to the rest of your team
• Use your extensive experience in combination with user research to rapidly decide product priorities and identify the most promising ideas
• Live and breathe mobile-first
• Show relentless passion to talk to your users to understand their needs
• Engage closely with the engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable execution schedule
• Drive product launches and work closely with the Product Marketing organization on the go-to-market plan and communications to consumers and partners
• Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of product
• Understand business goals and pain points
• Bring thought leadership on product and keep up to date with best practices and people across the industry eg. Participating in conferences and meet ups
• Effortlessly flip between communicating high-level strategy to senior management to specific day-to-day detail with developers and designers
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
• Bachelors and/or Masters degree from a top-tier university
• Proven experience in a digital Product Management, Product Design, Product Marketing or Product Development role
• Passion and flair for creating great digital experiences for consumers across platforms
• Experience working on consumer facing digital products; experience with B2b products nice to have
• Excellent organizational and execution skills. Ability to establish processes and “get stuff done” in a constantly evolving environment.
• Decisiveness. Ability to make daily trade-offs to make progress towards vision while meeting shorter term goals
• Results oriented with strong commercial understanding
• Ability to lead teams to design simple, intuitive user interfaces and clearly document requirements, functional specifications, strategies and plans
• Great experience of agile development methodologies and processes, ideally in more than 1 organisation
• Experience working on a commercial product, ideally in the ecommerce or affiliate marketing space
• Proven experience managing, motivating and inspiring teams to design and develop products which consumers love
• Experience nurturing a culture of inspiration and innovation
• Ability to inspire own team of product managers, visual and UX designers and project managers as well as the in house engineering teams and the company overall towards your product vision
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills
• Moderate travel within Europe and to U.S. may be required