We are looking for a product manager to lead Pulse, our next-generation competitor analysis platform.
Used by many of the world’s top banks and fintechs, Pulse is currently a searchable video library of thousands of user journeys and insights. It is used by product managers, researchers, and UX people who are designing many of the best financial products in the world. We have big plans for Pulse’s future, and we are looking for a world-class product manager to help us take to it to the next level.
We’re looking for someone who can grow into this role, so it’s ideal for a Product Manager/Senior Product Manager looking to step up to Product Lead.
Who are we, what do we do? ??
At 11:FS we see ourselves as the challenger team dedicated to helping banks and FS players transform themselves and the industry we love. For us this means rethinking what it takes to operate in financial services top to bottom to help our partners build and launch next generation digital propositions around the globe.
To do this we need an amazing team so we have pulled together the best in financial services and beyond. Our people have co-founded and grown challenger banks like Monzo, Starling, and Tandem, led the technology platforms at Nutmeg, Betfair and beyond and transformed banks like Lloyds, Halifax, Barclays, QNB and Natwest.
Truth be told, 11:FS isn’t really one company. It is a collection of startups united by purpose. Our Consulting practice builds challenger propositions globally, like we did for Natwest with Mettle. Our Research and Benchmarking team has built the amazing 11:FS Pulse service used by the likes of Monzo, Starling, Natwest and Tesco Bank. Our 11:FS Foundry team are transforming core banking and architecture, aiming to do to core banking what AWS did to data centres. Lastly we are a media company, generating content that supports our brand and changes the conversation – not necessarily in that order.
And yet we don’t work like an agency, or a consultancy, or research house for that matter.
We are effectively building and launching new startup propositions for our clients and ourselves. We believe in treating every opportunity like a business, not a project. We believe in treating resources as if they were finite, even when they are plentiful, and our customers’ reputations are as important to us as our own.
We like to think of ourselves as an FS special forces team with singular focus and an execution mindset. To live up to this, we need the best talent in the market. We hire great people and get out of their way. Everyone in our team relentlessly drives towards getting sh!t done and improving the industry we love. Come and get on the rocket ship.
What you’ll be doing, ??
You’ll be working hands on with a small cross-functional product team to set strategic direction and deliver iterative improvements and new features to an in-market product; as well as guiding the professional development of that team.
You will need to have experience in the following areas, as they’ll be part of your role from day 1.
- Own the roadmap: you will define, prioritise and deliver a product roadmap that aligns with the product strategy, and helps users solve their most important jobs.
- Manage delivery: you will run a lean and agile delivery process for a cross-functional team, give the team the support it needs to deliver high impact work, and maintain a healthy team environment.
- Know your users: you will collaborate with design, sales and support colleagues to gather user insight, communicate with users and run research founded on the Jobs to be Done mindset, to inform and validate product direction.
- Be data-informed (not data-led): you will establish and track product success metrics and perform data analysis to guide product decision making.
- Engage your stakeholders: work with the wider 11:FS team to share progress and information, get their input, evangelise the product and find opportunities to achieve more by working together.
- Spread the knowledge: you will share your experience and expertise with your team and other product managers to raise awareness and understanding of product as a discipline.
Skills you’ll develop
You don’t need to have experience in these skills to be considered for this role. We’d expect you to be doing these things within 6 months, and we will give you the support you need to get there.
- Define product strategy: you will shape the short, medium and long-term strategy for the product, aligning with the broader company strategy.
- Own the go-to-market plan: you will determine the product’s pricing structure and commercial model, in collaboration with senior management
- Drive product marketing: you will guide the direction and performance of product marketing, working closely with the growth lead and marketing team
- Find the synergies: you will work with the media, consultancy and research teams to find ways Pulse can support and accelerate their work, and vice versa.
- Manage and mentor: you will line-manage the design, development and product team for Pulse, and support them in developing their skills.
Our Culture, Our 11 instincts ?
Every company has a story to tell, and a history to weave it all together. But what defines our culture are the values our people express through the way we act towards each other and our users, every day. We’re Humble Hustlers, and that means we get stuff done without making enemies or inflating our egos. We’re a harmonious bunch who actually enjoy each others’ company, and care about each other as human beings. We also believe in Passion & Positivity because although this is a basic human instinct, we wanted to make sure that people do not forget how important it is to stay positive through tough times, and be able to feel passionate about what you do. There’s 11 Principles, because let’s face it, 11 is our mantra. So instead of having us overload this with words, check out our team representing these values in our People Page.
Some of the things we deem benefits ?♛?
- competitive salary and bonus based on company and personal performance
- matching contributions to your pension up to 5%
- flexible working
- holidays – it’s important you take time off! 25 days annual leave, rising to 28 after 3 years
- plenty of autonomy to enable you to help shape the destiny of the company
- monthly socials like crazy golf, meals out, etc
- perks including discounted gym membership, season ticket loans, Perkbox…