The OUP Dictionaries Division leads innovation to unlock the power of language for digital lexical publishing and data licensing. We are working with the world’s largest technology and information providers to share language knowledge across the globe. We are home to the flagship scholarly research project, the Oxford English Dictionary, as well as the initiative Oxford Global Languages, a programme developing digital lexical resources for low resource languages.
We are looking for a Product Manager with strong data and technical skills to manage the lifecycle of product development for language tools, applications, and data. You’ll bring together user needs and strategic goals to plan and prioritise roadmaps, making sure product development continues to deliver value to the business and our users.
In this role your responsibilities will include:
- Delivering strategic roadmap: working with cross functional Product teams, track and deliver roadmap of development, making sure dependencies are managed and roadmap delivers on agreed business goals
- Backlog management: manage backlogs, prioritizing development, ensuring requirements are accurately represented and conflicting priorities are managed in order to deliver business value
- Sprint management: conduct user acceptance testing and manage cycle of sprints to ensure development delivers against prioritized user requirements
- Representing users: manage communication between users and development teams, communicating user needs and feedback to ensure vision, goals, benefits and user requirements are translated into development
- Representing the business: communicate expertly with colleagues across the department including product teams, suppliers, developers, and senior managers to make sure strategic goals are translated into development
- Learning: continually apply learning from successes and failures to improve future processes and ways of working
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate these skills and aptitudes:
- Proven understanding of Product Management methods and practices
- Excellent communication skills across a wide range of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Highly motivated and keen to learn new technical and linguistic concepts
- Familiarity with software development tools (such as JIRA) and Agile methodologies, with a strong technical focus
- Adaptable to change, responding well to changing business context
- Ability to prioritise product development according to business goals and end user needs
It may be an advantage if you can demonstrate the following:
- Experience of delivering products or services using Scrum methodologies
- Experience of using user testing, user research and analytics to improve products
- Interest in and knowledge of languages or linguistics
For any queries in relation to this vacancy, please contact email@example.com
Closing date 18th March 2019
We are committed to supporting diversity in our workforce, and ensuring an inclusive environment where all individuals can thrive. We seek to employ a workforce representative of the markets that we serve and encourage applications from all.