iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we’ve lent over £500 million to over 20,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
iwoca is entering a new phase of development and we need a Head of Product to look after the tools and products that our customers use every time they interact with iwoca. You will be customer-centric, data-driven and operationally minded in order to lead our growing Customer product team.
Our Customer product team is a new structure at iwoca and is accountable for:
● Multi-product delivery: responsible for ensuring the architecture that enables iwoca to grow our product line is built iteratively and is relevant for both business requirements and customer experience
● Make core products better: ensuring each product attribute – such as how repayment schedules are structured and the types of businesses we serve – are constantly iterated and improved to create the greatest value for our customers and the business.
● New customers engagement: responsible for the product experiences that enable customers get to know and trust iwoca (e.g. our website)
● Sign-up flow: providing a seamless customer experience while collecting the necessary information to offer customers the best loan for their needs and financial situation – making getting a loan as easy as booking a plane ticket
● Self-service (Automation): providing customers the option for greater self-service so that our customer success team can focus exclusively on the highest value interactions
● Partners & Integrations: make the integration experience to our lending API as simple and straightforward as possible for our partners
The Head of Product – Customer will work closely with relevant C-levels and their team captains to understand and prioritise the changing business needs. The Head of Product will own their product roadmap and define the full lifecycle of our customer experience – working closely with the Head of Design – on idea generation, to technical development, to launch (& iterate). S/he will also be expected to work closely with the broader product team to identify dependencies or synergies that could impact what gets built and why. The role will report directly to the co-founders, Christoph Rieche and James Dear.
This role is part of a growing product function at iwoca, so the Head of Product will be able to roll up her/his sleeves and work closely with tech and the business to ensure we keep building great tools for years to come. While the Head of Product will be enthusiastic about taking on operational responsibility for at least one of the build teams, you’ll also be excited about managing product managers within the Customer product team.
What you’ll bring:
● 5+ years of customer-facing product management experience, ideally including team management experience
● An experience of operationalising user-testing and using it to make informed decisions
● Tech savviness: if you don’t write code yourself, you understand what a software developer does, understand APIs and can ask the right questions to ensure that technical choices will meet both current and future requirements
● Collaborative style that is focused on aligning stakeholders and finding solutions
● Superior communication, analytical, and project management skills
● Highly organized with attention to detail
● Track record of excellence in both academic and professional settings
In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide the following:
A smart, fun and internationally diverse team – together, we represent over 35 different nationalities
Company retreats in great locations – we have at least two per year in places like the French Alps and by the Spanish seaside
A really lovely office in central London – we’re right by Tottenham Court Road, and close to the bars, theatres and restaurants in Soho and Fitzrovia
Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments, morning yoga and an ever-growing number of active clubs (you can set up your own!) – such as climbing, chess, cycling, football, running, boxing, etc
Regular novelty perks such as free massages, which can be proposed by anyone in the team
Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
Cycle-to-work scheme for great value bikes
Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
Enhanced maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
Stock options for all employees after 6 months within the business
25 days holiday a year, plus all UK Bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday
The opportunity to give your time to support a charity of your choice, via a paid volunteering day
Additional leave so that you can take more time to go travelling or to study, outside of your holiday allowance
Tickets to exciting tech conferences across Europe
A calendar of tech meetups hosted on the premises
Flexible working, including flexible hours and working from home days – all made easy with video conferencing and slack