We’re looking for someone with experience delivering amazing products while keeping the big picture in mind. They will own the roadmap and the delivery of their products. They should be skilled at product thinking and agile methodologies (specifically Scrum).
This person can work remotely in the US. If remote, they must be willing to travel a couple of times per quarter.
• Product Owner will serve a key role in driving the delivery of the product
• Owns Team Backlog and implementation; Contributes to Vision & Program Backlog
• Drives Iteration Goals and Iteration content via Prioritized Stories
• Establishes story acceptance criteria, necessary metrics and overall intent/goal
• Accepts Iteration increments
• Establishes the sequence of backlog items based on program priorities, events, and dependencies with other teams
• Solution, technology, and team facing
• Collaborates closely with Product Manager to understand vision and requirements
• Understands how the Enterprise backlog model operates with Epics, Capabilities, Features, and Stories
• Uses PI Objectives and Iteration Goals to communicate with management
• Manage relationship with internal and external partners and stakeholders
• Ensures items are delivered on time with commitments
• Tracks performance of product features and releases
• Coordinates with other Product Owners, the System Team, and shared services in the Agile Release Train PI Planning meetings
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to lead large technical projects and ensure alignment to system and platform strategy
- Writes new user stories, ensuring they meet acceptance criteria and are aligned to Vision, Features, and PI Objectives.
- Helps decompose Features into Stories and prioritizes and refines the Team Backlog
- Prepare for and participate in Iteration Planning
- Address team questions; be the “Voice of the Customer”
- Accept Stories
- Coordinate with other Product Owners to manage dependencies
- Works closely with the Product Manager to develop and adapt the product vision.
- Working closely with QA to specify acceptance criteria for user story and ensure we have written acceptance tests.
- Prioritizing the product backlog through business cases/NPVs
- Clearly communicate the business requirements to the Team and can translate technical language to business owners
- Get detail level of requirement from stakeholders or customers
- Build and maintain a relationship with the Stakeholders
- Has content authority for the Team Backlog
- Participates in Scrum ceremonies, Team Demo, and retrospective as a team member
- Works with the System Architect and the Team to understand and prioritize Enablers; Elaborate Stories and Enablers “Just in Time”
- Maintain a regular rhythm of reporting how projects are tracking against business objectives
- Is open to negotiations that will occur
- Understands and can participate in mobile-specific technical discussions
- Self-directed individual with 3-5 years of hands on experience working in an Agile Project Delivery environment in a complex highly technical environment.
- Well-organized and detailed oriented professional, with strong verbal and written communication skills, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Good computer skills with working knowledge of MS office such as Word, Excel and Microsoft Project.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment, under pressure, with multiple deliverables and various tight deadlines.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to communicate
- Good business sense
- Experience working directly alongside developers, preferably including mobile developers
- Experience working with product/project management tools such as Jira, PivotalTracker, Trello, Aha, etc.
- Experience working with analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Cognos, Mixpanel, etc.
- Content authority
- Agile PM/PO experience required; certification preferred
One of the first companies in the United States organized solely to design, underwrite and market legal expense plan to consumers. LegalShield also markets an identity theft monitoring and restoration service through its partnership with Kroll Inc. and now provides legal services to over 1.6 million families across the U.S. and Canada. Products are also sold as an employee benefit through payroll deduction or on an individual basis. Members have direct, toll-free access to their provider law firm, rather than having to comb through the yellow pages for a referral. Provider firms are carefully selected and the quality of service is closely monitored to maintain the highest of standards. Last year alone, our firms received over 1.8 million calls from our members. LegalShield has grown into a 170,000-square-foot corporate office on an 80-acre campus with over 700 employees dedicated and committed to serve. Our leaders have decades of experience and our goal remains the same – to provide outstanding legal coverage by quality law firms at an affordable price.