MOO is looking for an experienced product leader to drive the R&D, discovery, and delivery of our next generation physical products and innovations including digital print products, hybrid printed electronics (such as NFC), packaging, accessories and associated web systems. You will own product management on a large multi-disciplinary team that brings to market our core print products as well as future hybrid print/digital offerings across business units. The team also has responsibility for developing our operational systems, covering both manufacturing and customer service.
At MOO we have set up cross functional teams to deliver our customers’ new and improved products and services. These teams work autonomously to prioritise and deliver the change that drives the 40%+ annual growth that we’ve been able to achieve.
We are a company full of product geeks, technology explorers, design thinkers, comedians, makers, bakers, scientists, artists, football fans and many, many other things but one thing we all have in common is a passion for building amazing products that help our customers and their businesses thrive.
We have ambitious goals and are looking for passionate, multi-talented leaders with a proven record of delivering elegant, simple, and delightful products and services who are up for the challenge.
What we care about…
You love beautiful products. Good design is not just an opinion, but a way of life. You love taking things apart, putting them back together, debating features, making things better, and convincing your friends and family to buy this versus that.
You are customer-centric. Actionable customer insights make you squirm with unbridled joy. You value user research and actively search out opportunities to understand customer needs for both quick wins and the basis of innovation.
You are a scientist. For you scientific method and iteration are a way of life. You naturally develop hypotheses and test them rigorously even with things like making the perfect omelette for breakfast (it takes lots of practice).
You are curious. You aren’t satisfied until you know how something works. You know why ink jet printer paper is different from laser printer paper and the difference between baking powder and baking soda*.
We hope you’re familiar with what is expected of a Senior Product Manager within a high growth, fast-moving consumer goods development environment, so we’ll leave out the basics and focus a few big, meaty objectives:
– Drive R&D via close exploration with the Product Design and Manufacturing teams of next generation digital print, hybrid technologies (such as printed electronics and NFC), and packaging.
– Jointly define the product and operations roadmap with the relevant teams and management and executive stakeholders for our physical goods and supporting systems. – – Deliver truly outstanding products and services balancing prioritisation to deliver the maximum impact against the strategy.
– Define, in detail, the product to be developed – craft process flow diagrams, write user stories, manage the sprint backlog. Understand the give and take between velocity, scope and schedule and communicate the compromises when resources are finite.
– You’ll be expected to have strong opinions, based on experience, but also the ability to take something quickly from idea to assessment to prototype to iteration; and ultimately feel comfortable killing projects that don’t live up.
– You shall most likely eat a lot of cake.
– Demonstrated ability at getting results from multi-disciplinary teams in a fast moving environment.
– Experience in physical product development (such as FMCG, CPG, or similar acronym that most other people have to look up on wikipedia) and manufacturing
– Experience leading digital systems development within an agile development process
– Evidence of commercial ability.
– Advanced degree in industrial design, business management, engineering or similar is advantageous.
– Able to motivate, communicate clearly and have some while fun.
– Curious, positive, passionate and enthusiastic