We’re a fast growing startup that have already raised close to $8 million in investment from leading venture capital firms, and were named by Bloomberg as one of 50 most promising startups in the world to look out for.
Our goal is to revolutionise the world of Location Intelligence and the way businesses think about, and act upon data. Getting to that goal means solving some of the most meaningful problems for businesses at present. It takes us a lot of determination, innovation and support from and for our colleagues.
Who we’re looking to recruit
An end-to-end Product Designer with experience working on digital products with a high degree of complexity. Strong product thinking and a data-driven mindset are fundamental to this role, as well as being able to solve problems autonomously.
What you’ll be doing
- Working for the user: applying a user-centred approach to everyday tasks. Incorporating user research in the process (or making sure that user research is always taken into account), and conveying user requirements back to the team in a clear and concise manner.
- Reducing the Design-Dev gap: maintaining and improving the Design-to-Development workflow, including evolving our Design System.
- Balancing innovation with practicality: crafting simple, scalable and viable solutions to solve complex problems.
- Defining, identifying and incorporating metrics: using available analytics to make data-driven decisions, and helping to communicate the design process.
- Collaborating: connecting the right stakeholders in the process and presenting complex information for easy interpretation.
- Iterating: breaking designs into small, bite-sized implementations and collecting data from each deployment to inform the decisions in the following iterations.
- Data visualisation: communicating complex data in a simple and scalable format that will be easy to understand for users, regardless of their technical experience.
- Evangelising user-centred methods: creating and maintaining frameworks/processes to democratise user-centred approaches beyond the Design Team.
- Understanding the business: be fully aware of how the business works, how it makes money, and what the internal constraints are, so we can ensure our design solutions meet the business goals while helping the users.
- Understanding the industry: having an updated view about how the industry adapts and embraces Location Intelligence and Big Data into current work strategies.
- Feedback: sharing and receiving feedback to help improve the overall quality of our products, teams and processes.
We would be extra happy if you also could:
- Illustrate: drawing consistent illustrations that will help us communicate value to users in a more efficient way.
- Animate interactions: animating design elements in order to better communicate the expected outcome to developers.
Since this site does not support images, pleas check you our stack here.
Who you’ll be working with:
As a user-centred designer, sooner or later you will end up working with pretty much everyone in the company. From day one though, Filipe and Grace will welcome you into the Design Team and will be your day-to-day partners.
Why work for Geoblink
We operate a “zero-policy” which means there are no restrictions on vacation days, office hours, working from home days, etc. You manage your own work schedule responsibly. We believe everyone here is a “mini-CEO”, and should have the opportunity to make their own decisions about their work schedule.
Everyone at Geoblink is passionate about their job, whether it be growing businesses ROI or building complex data systems. People join us not just for the flexibility that we offer but because we have worked hard to foster a collaborative environment filled with plenty of opportunity to have a real impact in the business and collaborate with some off the best minds in the industry.We also offer the following:
- Plenty of training initiatives to help your career progression
- Annual personal budget for you to spend on developing yourself (online courses, conferences, training etc)
- Restaurant tickets and discounted medical insurance
- Unlimited coffee, team, soft drinks, fruit etc
- Plenty of chill-out space with the typical start-up ping-pong table and office yoga
- Plenty of quiet space for you to work in peace to produce your best work
- The greatest start-up culture with fun initiatives and company events for all to enjoy
- Phantom shares after 1 year of employment