Closing Date: 29 March 2019
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and our two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George’s Park.
It is an exciting time at the Football Association with a renewed focus on providing world class digital experiences and additional investment in the replacement of legacy platforms.
With over 800,000 fixtures being organised by 1100 volunteer-run leagues for millions of players (youth and adult, male and female) to participate in each season, the FA is responsible for providing the digital platforms that help make this happen. ‘Full-Time’ is the key administrative system used by leagues and competitions around the country for the organisation and management of fixtures.
- To manage the development and evolution of the FA’s league administration product
- Researching and defining our other segments and company’s products associated with the Grassroots game.
- To engage with the next generation of volunteers to design and implement digital experiences for league administration.
- Engaging league and club officials, players, volunteers, County Football Association staff and other stakeholders to design and implement future digital experiences.
- Leverage best practice examples to deliver excellent customer experiences (UX/UI) for digital products.
- Maintain a full product life cycle perspective, and work to balance short-term achievements with long-term goals (such as minimizing technical debt while maximising resiliency)
- To engage with Grassroots Leagues, Competitions to understand the requirements for administration of the grassroots game as well as with County Football Associations to provide a joined-up approach to working with Leagues and Competitions
- To work with other key FA Product Managers on the development of our key products and ensure a symbiotic relationship between them (currently “Full-Time”, “Match Day” and the “Whole Game System”)
What we are looking for:
- Experience of conceiving, defining, delivering and refining digital products to maximise results
- Ability to identify and progress new opportunities
- Good understanding of what makes a good digital experience across mobile or web
- Establish and maintain relationships and alignment with the key business and technology stakeholders
- Understanding and proven experience of implementing and leading in change management
- Collaborate closely with product delivery teams and other product managers
- Knowledge of all aspects and levels of the Grassroots game
- Experience of working in or with Grassroots Leagues and Competitions
- Commitment to Sports Equity and ability to gain ‘buy in’ to equality objectives
- Knowledge and understanding of the key administrative processes for leagues and competitions
- Experience of working in partnership with County Football Associations
- Knowledge of National League System, Women’s Pyramid and Grassroots League structures
- Experience of digital development methodologies and processes including agile
What we can offer you:
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary for the right candidate.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.
Please make us aware of your desired day rate salary when you apply.