With 100 million customers worldwide and 500 employees, Avira is a leading provider of proprietary IT security solutions for private and professional customers.
As a Product Marketing Manager for the product unit Identity Protection, you are responsible for driving the marketing activities of the unit’s product portfolio. Our current main focus lies on the product Avira Password Manager. You will be working closely with the central Marketing Team to address the B2C customer segment through a variety of channels.
- Develop and drive product marketing, including the positioning, messaging, and competitive differentiation for Avira Password Manager
- Conduct market research and target segmentation, position Avira Password Manager strategically
- Prepare and manage global product marketing strategies and executions for new product launches for Avira Password Manager, to ensure the best possible market introduction and adoption
- Think of new ways and approaches to win net new customers for Avira Password Manager
- Roll out and monitor all product specific marketing and communication measures during the product lifecycle, generating demand
- Translate benefits of product features into customer-facing messaging
- Ensure that the Marketing and Product Management teams are aligned and work hand-in-hand
- Be the main contact point for all product marketing-related questions
Your performance objectives
Starting from day one you will familiarize yourself with Avira Password Manager and the products of our competition. You will analyze the current marketing strategy of Avira and of our main competitors.
Within the first three months, you have analyzed the current state and you will present a marketing strategy for Avira Password Manager with the following goals:
- Make Avira known as a relevant provider of Password Management solutions
- Win users in the existing Avira installed base for Avira Password Manager and in addition win a huge amount of net new users outside the classical Avira user base.
A year into the job you have executed your strategy and Avira is well established and recognized as a relevant player for Avira Password Manager. The strategy attracted a large number of net new customers and also convinced many installed base customers to go with Avira Password Manager.
Keys to hiring
The ideal candidate is dedicated, thinks strategically and works independently, with a roll-up-your-sleeves mentality. You have a clear understanding of market and buyer needs, in relation to our product and are comfortable in using that knowledge to execute compelling marketing strategies.
- You are a versatile professional, with proven practical experience in e-commerce
- You are able to synchronize with local and international teams in order to move things forward
- You have experience in marketing for B2C target groups
- You are experienced with competitive analyses for international markets with country-specific particularities
- You have a good understanding of the digital product landscape
- You show strong interest in the topic identity protection and you are keen to get to know and use our product portfolio
- You are well organized, efficient and highly results-oriented
- You are used to working in an international, multi-cultural environment
- You are fluent in English
- Professional challenges to match your interests and skills
- Cutting-edge IT infrastructure
- Flat hierarchies and fast decision-making
- Stimulating work environment
- Flexible working hours
- International team
- Subsidized canteen, free gym, free ice cream, and other great benefits!
This job is limited to one year with the perspective of a full-time employment.
You will be located in Tettnang, Germany near Lake Constance (between Friedrichshafen, Ravensburg, and Lindau).