EnglishUp is a fast growing online English Learning venture, backed by Macmillan Digital Education, (formerly a division of Macmillan Science & Education) and a prestigious venture capital fund based in London. We offer market leading online learning courses for adult learners, which combines a comprehensive self-learning platform with 24/7 live tutoring.
EnglishUp launched in Brazil in early 2013 and is now looking to scale rapidly over there while also looking to enter new countries imminently. We want to do so by maintaining our position as the, ”Zappos of English Learning” i.e. a company which places a tremendous focus on customers- their results, experience and trust. We already enjoy high levels of customer loyalty and seek to become a benchmark in the education sector for customer service and success.
Through our parentage, we bring the power of one of world’s largest publishers in English language learning along with a global reach. And through our association with a leading venture fund, we benefit from an exclusive membership network of over 3,000 of the world’s most successful digital entrepreneurs, including founders from companies like LinkedIn, YouTube, Skype and Spotify.
In summary EnglishUp offers an entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment, and the unique opportunity to work in a highly disruptive start-up with the support of colleagues who have built or invested in some of the biggest online successes (e.g. Lastminute.com, Siri, Spotify, DeepMind, Made.com, The Browser)
We are looking for a high calibre Head of Product who can help execute a rapid scale up in Brazil and beyond. This is a high impact and strategic role as a direct report to the Founder & CEO, which will require working very closely with him as well as all the teams globally, while managing a small but growing international team. It is a great opportunity to fast track one’s career.
The role requires solid product management experience in an online company and an exceptional can-do attitude combined with a desire to learn on the job quickly. A technical background and an understanding of emerging markets will be a huge plus.
The role will be London based and require occasional travel to Brazil and other countries as needed.
The ideal candidate will have the following profile:
• Extensive experience of product management, covering strategy & delivery
• Obsessed with customer satisfaction, understanding customer needs, and gathering product requirements
• Excited to work in a fast paced and continuously evolving start-up environment
• Proven track record in delivering successful product releases in a timely manner
• Able to define KPIs and lead success measurement
• Ready to identify market opportunity and help define product vision and strategy
• Experienced in maintaining roadmaps and translating these into deliverable actions in an agile environment
• Experience in managing and/or working with product and engineering teams, and also working in a remote setup across multiple international locations
To apply please click http://jobs.macmillan.com/VacancyDetail.aspx?VacancyUID=000000004593
Quoting Ref number DED/007/15.
Closing date of Tuesday 26th May