Everpress is a global marketplace reducing fashion waste and supporting local/grassroots brands through made-to-order apparel campaigns.
We’re championing grassroots creativity and are on a mission to empower creative independence in a sustainable way. Our vision is Farfetch for local brands.
We’re a venture backed, tight knit, fast growing team based out of a light filled warehouse studio in East London.
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial hands-on Head of Product Engineering to join our fast-growing team here in East London. Working alongside Alex, our founder and CEO, you will be instrumental in taking the business to the next stage, defining & leading our product roadmap and operational platform for many years to come.
You’ll have a strong software engineering background, be technically capable but also be able to take ownership of a product delivery pipeline and help us achieve our aims. It’s important you empathise with our users and their requirements. Think hybrid product and technology leadership in a fast growing start up.
You will work with a variety of business representatives and stakeholders to define requirements and take the lead on operational and technical projects. We already work to agile principles but are looking for someone who can get their arms around a really dynamic and fast paced product development pipeline as we grow.
We believe in behaving with agility and hope that you will too. We’d love it if you were naturally collaborative, willing to work with people from across the business to find solutions. You should of course have excellent organization and problem-solving skills. If you also have a passion for software development and agile methodologies, we’d like to meet you.
Some of the things we’d like you to do
- Own a product engineering pipeline, prioritising development efforts in line with company objectives
- Hire, lead & manage Everpress’ Product and Engineering disciplines
- Own the Everpress operational platform
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Balance the need to deliver features for business benefit against the risk of accumulating technical debt
- Mentor and develop members of the product engineering team
Some of the things we’d like you to know
- Proven experience as a software engineer
- Proven ability to hire, lead & manage an agile product engineering in a fast growing start up
- Experience and expertise in agile delivery techniques
- Experience using system monitoring tools (e.g. New Relic, Datadog etc) and automated testing frameworks
- Knowledge of PHP 7
- Knowledge of PHP frameworks, ideally Symfony
- Knowledge of relational databases, ideally MySQL
- An understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Experience of containerisation
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Flexible working
- A plant filled, relaxed studio environment
- Pizza on Fridays (and fruit bowls on tap)
- DJ decks in the studio
- Weekly team drinks
- We’re a creative bunch (musicians / DJ’s / graphic designers)
- Company away days and team experiences over bonuses
- Managing your own work-load & plenty of freedom