Monzo is a bank that lives in your phone. Our mission is to make money work for everyone: to make our users effortlessly financially savvy with smart features, unexpectedly friendly service and a relentless focus on what people genuinely want and need.
We’re looking for exceptional Product Directors to help us reach a billion customers: leaders of multiple autonomous software teams with at least five years service shipping brilliant products.
Today, we have 12 interdisciplinary teams, split across four areas: Growth and Core, Lending, Marketplace, and Internal Tools. We’ll match a director to each area, to lead product strategy, product development and to manage and develop our excellent product managers. We’re growing fast, so it’s likely there will be new areas to set up, and plenty of room for the remit to broaden.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and prize diversity as a strength. Everyone is welcome at Monzo. We offer flexible working, and are open to part-time and job sharing too.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate across disciplines to set and deliver a clear, cohesive product strategy for your area, and balance it with room to source and test exciting new opportunities
- Lead and coach Product Managers to run effective teams that ship stuff which customers really value
- Support your team to set clear goals and key results, regularly check in on progress, learn and adjust course when needed
- Help your teams to set hypotheses, test riskiest assumptions and break down complex problems into small steps
- Build a product management profession as great as our product. You’ll manage and develop 3-5 product managers, and make sure we hire and grow the team as fast as we need to
- Reduce dependencies, remove blockers and co-ordinate with other product groups and stakeholders
- Contribute to product management practices: help us ship delightful products and be an exceptional place to work
- You’ve directly led successful consumer or internal software products from concept to adoption, with experience in all stages of the product life cycle and during rapid growth.
- You’ve directly managed product managers and are passionate about developing people and supporting them to be part of high-performing teams.
- You have an empathetic leadership style and you build strong, effective relationships.
- You know when to employ different approaches to product management, and can balance lean-style MVP experimental work with focused iteration.
- You’re metrics-obsessed and understand how product changes might impact our goals.
- You understand the power and value of world-class design, and the value of an authentic brand in shaping a product that users genuinely love.
- You have a proven ability to quickly get up to speed in a domain and identify trends and opportunities. Financial services or strong commercial expertise are a plus.
- You have enough technical knowledge to quickly understand your teams’ software products.