Monzo is a bank that lives in your phone. Our mission is to make money work for everyone: to make our users effortlessly financially savvy with smart features, unexpectedly friendly service and a relentless focus on what people genuinely want and need.
We’re looking for an experienced and practicing senior Product Manager to develop the product management profession at Monzo.
To reach a billion customers, we want to grow, develop and hire extraordinary product managers and make Monzo the best place in the world to be a product manager.
We’re looking for someone to take a product approach to this challenge: to make the end-to-end journey of joining, working and growing at Monzo as a Product Manager brilliant, for all Product Managers from interns to our most experienced. You’ll help define our standards and make sure we’re meeting them.
This role can be taken as an initial project, with the option to move on to become a senior product manager in an internal or customer facing team.
We’re growing fast, but today, we have 10 interdisciplinary product teams in our London office, split across four areas: Lending, Growth, Internal Tools and Main Account.
We’re an equal opportunity employer and prize diversity as a strength. Everyone is welcome at Monzo. We offer flexible working, and are open to part-time and job sharing too.
What you’ll do:
Work collaboratively with our people team and use input from Product Managers, to design, iterate and manage our community of product management at Monzo. You’ll report to the VP Product and you will:
- Own and iterate our product management career progression framework our definition of good product management skills at all levels.
- Produce standards, patterns and tools for PM delivery.
- Develop and mature an active Community of Practice, to ensure PMs are learning from each other through things like buddying, pairing and regular get togethers
- Create a world-class Associate Product Manager programme, to train and develop high-potential people new to Product Management. Follow this with intern and career-switcher programmes in time.
- Work with our learning and development team to build or buy specialist training.
- Design and run a scalable, product specific onboarding journey, to make sure new people are productive and happy quickly.
- Define new roles and contribute to organisation structure ahead of growth. Work with our hiring team to make sure our hiring practices and journeys are second to none.
- Make sure we contribute to and engage with the external Product Management community, through things like events, mentorship and blog posts.
- Experience building or leading a community of practice for PMs would be an advantage, but is not necessary.
- You’re passionate about sharing your knowledge and have mentored and managed other product managers
- You’ve shipped world-class software products in a fast-growing company before
- You’re passionate about building the best possible user experience and use data to track how you’re doing
- You’re comfortable working in a technical, interdisciplinary team
- What we’re doing here at Monzo excites you