At Nuna, our mission is to make high-quality healthcare affordable for everyone. We are dedicated to tackling one of our nation’s biggest problems with ingenuity, creativity, and a keen moral compass.
Nuna is committed to simple principles: a rigorous understanding of data, modern technology, and most importantly, compassion and care for our fellow human. We want to know what really works, what doesn’t—and why.
Nuna partners with healthcare payers, including government agencies, health plans, and employers, to turn data into learnings and information into meaning.
Product Managers at Nuna guide our products from concept to launch and beyond! We’re the voice of our customers within Nuna and love learning about their needs and challenges in order to craft better solutions. We work closely with Design, User Experience, Engineering, and Data Science to deliver new and existing products across all teams at Nuna, with our partners and with our stakeholders. We thrive in ambiguous situations, manage chaos with a sense of humor, and have a bias towards action that is data‐driven and purposeful.
The Product Manager will work within our Government Services group to ensure individuals get quality, affordable, accessible care by helping the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) make data driven policy decisions for the Medicaid population. Your focus is on building a unified analytics platform and tooling across all of the Medicaid data sources called AREMAC (Analytics and Reporting Environment for Medicaid And CHIP). We build scalable analytic infrastructure using distributed computation to enable CMS, analysts and researchers to analyze Medicaid-related data in an affordable and iterative manner. You will be working very closely with CMS stakeholders, our federal partner contractors as well as Nuna engineers and data scientists to create the foundation for impactful analytics across Medicaid. This work will positively impact the care for millions of Americans most in need.
- Understand Nuna’s and CMS’s strategic goals, and identify opportunities to build analytic capabilities and tooling that advance our mission.
- Build rapport with ease and influence without authority to deliver the right solution for CMS and our users
- Identify the use cases and define capabilities to make AREMAC critical to CMS
- Set roadmap, prioritize feature development, define epics/ user stories, and coordinate across companies including CMS, Nuna, and our partners.
- Build trust with engineering, data science, security, infrastructure and all teams to define and deliver the right product experience for users
- Lead analyses of the customer and end-user needs to develop the right product
- Drive alignment among diverse teams via excellent communication about project progress, requirements, changes, and blockers both with external stakeholders as well as internal team members.
- Ability to channel communications across many teams and maintain relationships with our government client stakeholders and internal stakeholders.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams across the US and traveling to client’s and partner headquarters in Washington.
- Demonstrated prioritization, time management and stakeholder management
- Ability to break down problems, generate shared understanding across different technical, non-technical audiences and teams, and overcome challenges.
- Translate user and stakeholders feedback into product requirements.
- Technical fluency in big data processing, distributed computing, analytics or BI tools
- Command of agile processes and fast build-measure-learn cycles
- Experience working in the government and/or enterprise space.
- Strongly prefer a Baltimore/D.C.-based candidate for this role.
- Knowledge of the Medicaid program and experience supporting Medicaid efforts