We’re looking for a Director/VP level Product leader to join EquityZen’s growing team as we redefine private markets. EquityZen is an early-mid stage financial technology company, backed by leading venture and private equity investors. Join us if you are energized by owning the Product roadmap, focusing relentlessly on user experience, and championing data-driven decision making. You’ll be a key member of the senior team, working closely with all EquityZenners to build out the leading technology-driven private placements platform in the world.
Our platform enables large, private companies to deliver liquidity to their shareholders while providing investors access to invest in these proven, pre-IPO companies. EquityZen has served 125+ premier tech and digital health companies and is proud to be considered a liquidity provider for 1 out of 3 of the largest unicorns. A testament to EquityZen’s secure, paperless, and industry-defining online investment platform, we have successfully completed 6500+ private placement transactions. Focusing on automating an antiquated offline process has allowed us to lead the charge in building more efficient, cost-effective, and transparent private markets. Watch this short video to learn more: equityzen.com/press.
AS A KEY MEMBER OF THE TEAM, YOU WILL
– Collaborate closely with all business stakeholders and the Engineering team to drive innovation
– Keep a pulse on the competitive landscape and macro/micro trends to ensure product differentiation
– Fully own the product roadmap from ideation to delivery
– Manage, lead, and mentor a team of driven product professionals, including Product – Managers, Designers, and Data Scientists
– Find creative, efficient solutions to complex problems
– Prioritize ruthlessly to ensure only the highest ROI projects are advanced
– Ensure new product features and fixes are delivered reliably, efficiently, and to full specifications
– Champion a data-driven approach to decision-making
– Strategically build the team by anticipating hiring needs and recruiting top talent
THE RIGHT STUFF
– 6+ years of total Product experience, including: a) 4+ years managing a cross-functional Product team, including PMs and Designers and b) 2+ years being a Product Manager as an individual contributor
– Demonstrated success in recruiting, managing, and mentoring team members
– Product, engineering, or related professional experience in a regulated industry such as finance, healthcare, or equivalent
– Ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities seamlessly
– Natural communication skills – you understand and can articulate both technical and business requirements effortlessly
– Ability to shift between the big picture and the minutiae of specific tasks when required
– At least a 4-year undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related field
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE
– Hands-on, technical experience with Python, Django, React.js, Elasticsearch (just to name a few)
– Founder or early employee of an early-stage, start-up business
– First-hand understanding of, and professional experience in, marketplace businesses or trading systems
– Experience scaling Product and Engineering teams
WHAT YOU’LL GAIN
– The opportunity to work closely with the entire organization (literally, everyone), including the founding team
– The ability to be a champion for both internal and external clients
– The chance to be a core member of the company’s operating team while leading an entire division of the company
– Equity, competitive salary, fully paid employee benefits (health, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, standing desk, generous parental leave, stocked fridge, supply of snacks, weekly catered lunch and more!
– Opportunity to work with a smart, passionate, mission-focused team that also knows how to have fun
EquityZen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EquityZen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. EquityZen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of EquityZen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.