Role- UX Researcher
Location – London
As a Sr UX Researcher you will support the UX Research vision within Photobox and help evolve the way we conduct research across all our customer touchpoints. You will have input into the strategy of the Research Team, and help evolve the standards, principles and best practice in a range of UX Research techniques, from quantitative statistical analysis to qualitative user research. As part of this role you will be responsible for managing and prioritising your own backlog, and conducting research to support cross functional team in achieving key business goals in a timely and organised fashion.
You will act as the voice of the customer, be passionate about their needs and how to continually improve their experiences with Photobox. Working closely with key business stakeholders, product managers, UX & UI designers and engineers, to name a few, you will ensure that their needs are met and the customer is centric to their decision making and planning.
- Influencing and driving change in key aspects of the user experience through research initiatives and customer understanding.
- Plan and implement creative ways to collect and analyse customer behaviours that will inform the product and features we create.
- Support the Research strategy, ensuring that business objectives are met and the customer is at the heart of our decisions.
- Diagnose business requests and instigate the right research to uncover relevant insights that genuinely influence direction.
- Work with cross functional teams to surface key customer insights, and help them to understand what the customer needs and why.
- Help guide critical business projects and act not only as a service to business requests, but as an influencer in business focus.
- Support the Head of UX and Research in the continuing development of customer principles, to be used across EXD as an anchor point to what the wider team stands for.
- Work with Product Management to decide customer KPIs as our measurement of success.
- Constantly evolve our customer personas to keep us on top of who our customers are and what they want.
- Be the voice of the customer!
- Create research studies that address both user behavior and attitudes.
- Facilitate and moderate research, analyse data, produce research findings into actionable insights.
- Present research findings confidently to key business stakeholders and teams.
- Mentor UX researchers in the team and support in their career development.
- Proven experience in numerous research techniques (including moderated usability studies and user interviews, moderated studies, surveys, guerrilla testing, ethnography, diary studies, card-sorting etc)
The ideal candidate will
- Understand the interplay between business requirements, product strategy and user
- Have knowledge of UX principles.
- Be confident and persuasive oral and written communication.
- Some experience in mentoring would be an advantage.
- Have experience using and analysing data through eye-tracking technology an advantage.
- Minimum Qualification BSc (Hons) Psychology or equivalent human science qualification preferred
- MSc in Psychology would be advantagous
- Experience in applied research in senior role preferred
A taste of what to expect as part of the team
- Regular socials, engagement activities, drinks, treats and plenty more – and you can be as involved in as little or as much as you’d like
- All sorts of Learning & Development support, including a dedicated budget per team. We’re also launching exciting new development tools in 2018
- 25 days Annual leave (excluding Bank Holidays)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Private Dental plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- Family Care
- Life Assurance that pays out x4 salary
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Childcare vouchers
- Interest free travel loan
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Employee Assistant Program
- Generous credit to spend on our products (varies per brand)
- Referral scheme