TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 15,000 businesses.
Our core values
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We’re a team, built on trust.
- We’re proud to be remote.
- We’re in control of our own destiny.
TaxJar’s remote-only team of 60 people is growing quickly. Our team has an immediate full-time opening for an enthusiastic, highly-experienced, Product Marketing Manager.
*This is a full-time remote position, available to folks located in the US
Our teams mission
The TaxJar marketing team’s mission is clear: get more eCommerce businesses to experience TaxJar to manage their sales tax reporting, filing and calculations. Our team demonstrates the tremendous value in cost and time-savings in choosing to fully automated solution like TaxJar for their sales tax needs.
The Product Marketing Manager’s goal is to demonstrate how TaxJar’s products can solve the everyone’s sales tax problems.
As a Product Marketing Manager at TaxJar you will
- Define, prioritize and execute the end-to-end marketing strategy for TaxJar’s sales tax compliance products: TaxJar Reports, AutoFile, SmartCalcs API, TaxJar Plus, etc.)
- Develop product positioning, value proposition and messaging that differentiates our product to our key target audiences.
- Plan the go-to-market launch strategy for new products, new integrations and feature releases, and manage all cross-functional product marketing efforts.
- Collaborate with sales, development, partnerships, and success to ensure the feedback from our customers is documented and included in the product roadmap and development plan.
- Provide development teams with direction and content messaging within the TaxJar app.
- Develop written & video product assets and provide subject matter expertise for all marketing campaigns and efforts.
- Communicate the value proposition of the products to our sales team and work with the design team to develop the sales materials/tools that support the selling process of our products.
- Administer and report to the company on Net Promoter (NPS) metrics & goals.
- Find ways to creatively surface and automate the promotion of product-related revenue drivers (annual subscription plans, AutoFile enrollment, etc) using data to reach the right customers with a customized message.
- Must be willing to travel and attend in-person trade-shows with customers occasionally.
This is a key product marketing role and requires a self-starter with strong experience in organization, communication and execution of marketing needs. You don’t wait for others to tell you what to do—you figure things out on your own. You ask questions. You get clarity. You do what’s best for the customer. You listen well.
- Experience in building creative assets and marketing content
- Experience in planning and actioning multiple, complex marketing programs including budget management
- Experience in the SaaS, eCommerce space
- Demonstrated ability as a product or technology advocate, with the ability to collaborate with engineering and marketing teams
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Passion for marketing simple and intuitive products that solve complex problems in eCommerce
- Excel at communicating with the team remotely (Basecamp, chat, zoom, email, etc)
*This is not an entry level position. You’re an experienced product marketing manager of 3+ years at a SaaS company or related field.
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We’ve created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We’re profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We’re always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401K plan
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Brand new Macbook computer
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
We offer all of our employees amazing benefits. Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
If you’re not the perfect fit for this position, but you know someone who is, we’ll pay you $1,000 if you refer us to the person we hire.