This is your chance to join an exciting and fast-growing startup, based right by the sea!
We currently have an excellent opportunity for an energetic person to join our support team. This is the perfect role for someone who wants to work closely with customers and take their support skills to the next level.
ProdPad is cloud-based product management software used by 1000+ companies, including market leaders like Bose, WP Engine, Rackspace, Autodesk, and Automattic.
It’s a “software as a service” (SaaS) web tool designed to help teams build better products. By providing a single interface that collects all of the input from an organisation’s broad base of users (both external prospects & customers, and internal groups – like sales, customer care and development), ProdPad provides product managers a beautiful interface to organise their product backlog, build their roadmap, and send their requirements to development via any of our incredibly useful integrations.
When hiring, we are always on the lookout for ways to hook up with the best and most interesting candidates out there. We go beyond the standard “job ad” approach – attending conferences, setting up and sponsoring local meetups, setting tech challenges (which we pay for) so candidates can see what life is really like at ProdPad, and of course offering flexibility to enable our team to balance their work and personal commitments.
About the job:
You’ll be joining our team, as we continue building our product, a powerful web app that’s used by thousands of product managers and their teams. We are all part of the customer experience and we take our customer support very seriously. You will be providing level 1 support and answering basic sales questions, under the guidance of the team around you.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Chat directly to our customers, offering support and answering questions about how to use ProdPad.
- Troubleshoot issues with the app, and help others walk through troubleshooting steps.
- Triage issues and escalate to the correct team members for further support.
- Create bug reports on our development Kanban board.
- Contribute towards support for our US customers and cover their specific timezone (may include occasional shift work.)
- Build and maintain great relationships with ProdPad’s customers through support channels and in our customer Slack community.
- Grow your skills to be able to demo the app to potential customers or as part of support.
- Answer sales questions about plans and pricing.
- Help out with testing, depending on the needs of the QA team.
- Occasional conference/event support – meet your customers face-to-face!
You’re either just starting out in the exciting world of customer support or you’re ready for your next role. Either way you’re you’re ready to step up your support game and focus on honing your skills by listening and learning from our customers. A background in product management is a plus.
Why this job is important:
You’re going to be a hero – customers will love you because you help them to be successful as they use our app and are their first line of contact when they need support. We are not interested in NPS or customer satisfaction metrics, we are interested in a holistic approach to customer support, where we solve problems while building a rapport with our customers. You’ll be instrumental in helping people and making ProdPad even better.
What you’ll learn in this role:
This could be a huge opportunity for you. You’ll get to work directly with our customers (many of whom are in a similar role to you, and so will be helpful and supportive as you work with them!), as well as with our development team. You’ll be joining a small but fast-growing startup, where you’ll have the chance to get involved in a wide range of jobs. You’ll have the full support of your teammates, who’ll be working with you at every step.
We know this role is a big ask with a lot of responsibility. If you fit some but not all of the criteria, get in touch anyways and tell us what you’re awesome at and what you want to learn next. Let’s work together to find the perfect spot on our team for you!
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- You’re comfortable chatting with customers online or via a call, and are able to adapt your communication style to suit your audience.
- You’ll probably know your way around support tools like Zendesk and Intercom.
- At least 1-2 years of customer service experience – we want to know you’re comfortable talking to people!
- You are technically inclined and have an interest in new technologies and learning new tools.
- You can troubleshoot technical issues and walk someone through the basics.
- Perhaps you’ve worked in support or services in the past.
- You’re an excellent writer, and can support your work with helpful screenshots or videos.
- And of course, you’ll be able to work as a team player across ProdPad, clearly communicating priorities, needs and expectations with everyone. We use a mixture of great tools (besides ProdPad, of course!) including Slack, email, and occasional meetings at the beach to keep us all on the same page.
- Occasional overseas and UK-wide travel may be required (including for our annual team offsite trip!)
25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
Private medical insurance
Healthcare cash back plan
Your own choice of kit
Season ticket loan
A good work life balance
Team social events
Learning and Development:
At ProdPad we actively encourage learning and development in your field, and are open to supporting your attendance at conferences, training days and other relevant events.
Based in the UK, on the south coast, our office is an easy bus journey from both Brighton and Hove train stations. While this role is based at our Hove office, we operate flexible working arrangements which meet both the team and business need.
To all recruitment agencies: ProdPad does not accept agency resumes. Please refrain from sending unsolicited resumes to any ProdPad employees.
Plus, did we mention the fantastic, crazy, dedicated team that you’d be joining? Here’s a post about working at ProdPad that’ll give you a sense of what to expect: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/i-have-something-important-tell-you-being-head-growth-nandini-jammi/
There’s plenty more besides this, so convince us we should meet you, and we’ll explain more!