We are looking for a customer-focused, data-driven Product Manager to join our Product team. You’ll be responsible for owning the delivery of value to our customers and the business through our products. We’re enabling great businesses to succeed through equity crowdfunding and as a Product Manager at Crowdcube, you have the opportunity to shape and define that experience for entrepreneurs and investors, and make it irresistible.
Who we are:
Crowdcube is the world’s leading equity crowdfunding platform. We enable everyday investors to invest alongside Europe’s venture capitalists and professional investors in start-up, early stage and growth businesses; in doing so, we’re enabling entrepreneurs to raise the funds they need to grow their businesses.
We have experienced year on year growth since 2011 with over 700,000 registered investors, and over 700 businesses from the UK and around the world successfully funded on the platform, including BrewDog, Monzo, Revolut and many more.
What you will be doing:
As a Product Manager at Crowdcube, reporting into our Head of Product, you will own the delivery of value to our customers through our products. You will become an expert in our customers, our strategic goals and our mission.
Day to day you will:
- Build great relationships with internal teams and our customers and do everything you can to understand their needs and problems.
- Work with a cross-functional team to address these needs and test possible solutions.
- Be driven by measurable impact on the customer experience and the business.
- Use in-depth data analysis to drive product development.
- Talk to our customers regularly and carry out usability testing
- Use insight from research to drive the prioritisation of work and development of the roadmap.
- Identify the problem to be solved, without becoming wedded to a solution.
- Encourage and foster input from all levels and disciplines in the team.
- Manage expectations of stakeholders while ensuring they feel listened to and understood.
- Clearly communicate the goals, progress and achievements of the team widely to the rest of the company.
Ideally, you will:
- Be passionate about optimising delivery of the team to maximise value, and you will make the most of Scrum/Kanban methodologies and ceremonies to maintain a productive, happy team.
- Have substantial experience managing complex products in a technology-driven, customer-focused company.
- Have experience of working in a Start-Up.
- Have an understanding of web and mobile development technologies, methods, and processes, and enjoy building demos, prototypes, and proofs of concept.
- Be comfortable performing data analysis using SQL, Excel, and/or Google Spreadsheets or analytics tools.
- Have experience in user research and usability testing (or strong desire to gain this experience)
- Have a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent).
- Have excellent written English and verbal communication skills.
- Have a strong sense of good product design and user experience gained from previous product management experience.
- Be willing to try your hand at any tasks needed to ensure the success of your product.
- Demonstrate integrity, trustworthiness, and strong personal values – you try to do the right thing and are tenacious.
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills – you tackle a problem in a logical, informed manner, weighing up all elements before making a call, with a keen eye for inconsistency.
- Have a bias to action, preferring an imperfect decision that enables learning over no decision at all.
- Consistently put the customer at the centre of your work.
- Are a curious and inquisitive person with a desire to learn and work outside your comfort zone.
- Are an excellent listener and understand the importance of diverse points of view.
- Are a strong communicator, who can put together a compelling presentation for both internal and external parties, and has a natural flair for influencing others.
- Are humble and happy to admit when you are wrong. You are empathetic and value the views and opinions of others.
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, attending conferences, subscriptions to online courses, and participation in hackathons. We’re passionate and hard-working, and we take care of our team:
- 55K – 65K DOE
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA
- Life Insurance Scheme
- £1000 annual training budget
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Company perks such as juices, fruit, snacks and occasional team lunches, and lunch & learns.
- Company trips and activities such as pilates, football, cricket, BBQs, camping and more…
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.