Cazoo was founded in 2018 with a mission to transform the way people buy used cars
We believe everyone deserves to feel total confidence when buying a car. That’s why we’re building a new service which is simple, transparent and doesn’t end when you buy the car. Our vision is to deliver the UK’s best car buying experience by putting the customer first and making it no different from buying any other product online today.
We are backed by leading investors and led by an experienced management team including Founder and CEO, Alex Chesterman OBE.
Our Product Managers are central to building and growing their product areas and outcomes by leading a team through discovery, implementation and beyond.
You will own one or more products and be responsible for leading the full life-cycle, owning the vision, strategy and roadmap. You’ll take your product from ideation and discovery through design, delivery, preparation for launch, measuring of success, and iterations.
Working closely with Tech, you are ultimately responsible for making sure we’re building the right things for our customers. Your partners in Tech are responsible for making sure we build these things in the right way, and both of you care deeply about both things – it’s one team!
We believe in empowered Product Teams at Cazoo and you’ll be responsible for rapidly evaluating ideas using experimentation and data to determine what is the right thing to build for our customers and business.
Finding and managing opportunities
- Work with our customers, team and stakeholders to identify problems to solve or opportunities for growth
- Rapidly build knowledge of your domain and assess opportunities
- Take responsibility for forming hypotheses and measures, and ensuring there is a backlog of epics with agreed priority
- Proactively engage with stakeholders to define the strategy and direction for your Products.
- Formulate the vision, strategy and roadmap for your product area, ensuring alignment of strategic priorities and roadmap across entire product portfolio
- Define KPIs to measure the success of your product
- Manage relationships with any 3rd parties related to your product
- Lead stakeholder sessions to determine key customer outcomes
- Lead product discovery, collaborating with UX, User Research, Engineering and key business SMEs…
- ….utilising rapid experimentation via a toolbox of techniques (e.g., user testing, concierge tests, prototypes, fake doors, wizard-of-oz, demand tests, A/B or MVT, etc.)…
- …to determine what the right thing to build is for your customers – supported by data and evidence – as quickly and cheaply as possible
- Work with the business, technical and product teams to understand the needs of your customers
- Champion solutions that work for our customers and the business
- Define use cases and user journeys
- Work in close partnership with your team’s Technical lead
- Lead the product design and builds to ensure we deliver in an efficient, cost effective manner
- Prioritise and set the team direction, creating a sense of urgency and momentum
- Write user stories and acceptance criteria
- Manage features through development, ensuring stakeholders are kept up to date
- Break down your deliverables into smaller value chunks and iterate through delivery, releasing value early and often
- Work closely with Tech lead and team to plan sprints, releases and coordinate across dependent products
- Coordinate with key stakeholders to launch features (both externally and internally)
- Monitor and measure the success of the feature/product
- Lead decision on whether to persist, iterate, or drop the feature / product
Skills and Experience Required
- Proven experience in working out what the right things to build are (as opposed to being told what to build by someone else!)
- Dual track (discovery/delivery) experience; at Cazoo we’re big fans of Marty Cagan
- Extensive experience developing multiple complex products through full life cycle
- Worked with development teams to deliver amazing products with clearly measurable customer and business benefits
- Excellent stakeholder management and facilitation skills
- Ability to compromise in the right way
- A passion for product design and the experience to back up their views
- Demonstrable ability to rapidly gain in-depth knowledge of your product’s domain
- Loves collaboration and has experience in leading varied groups to swift decisions
Our selection process will typically involve an initial phone interview and a few hours of interviews at our office where you’ll have a chance to meet the team. Our interview process is built around understanding your experience and focus, your cultural fit with the business, and that we’re the right fit for you.
We know that diverse teams make better teams and we are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, age, sexual orientation, colour, religion, national origin, disability status or marital status.
Our London home is next to Euston Station and close to Kings Cross, with tube stations on the Northern, Victoria, Piccadilly, Hammersmith & City and Circle lines all a short walk away.