Product Manager Internship
Made by Many is a new kind of consulting company. Experts of varied backgrounds, in technology, product design and business strategy, we’ve come together to help ambitious businesses differentiate and compete to become digital businesses.
We’ve proven our quality in the market over the last 11 years: 77 clients, 102 strategy projects, 76 products launched into the market in 14 countries. But it’s not all about the product; it’s about putting our clients into a stronger long-term position, to be able to compete more effectively. For every client, that’s a different problem. With every client we find a different solution.
We believe that, in a world of continuous change, the right strategy evolves through an early, educated assessment, followed by our process of making, testing and learning
Internship Program 2019
Every year, Made by Many London opens its doors and invites curious and enthusiastic talent from the worlds of design, technology and product management to spend their summer with us, to learn more about the exciting world of digital product design and innovation. Working together as a team of three on a ‘live’ brief, interns are supported by ‘Made by Many’ mentors and coaches as they develop the skills to ‘make, test and learn’ – just like we do.
We are looking for a product manager to join our twelve week program to experience what digital product innovation really looks and feels like. If you’re excited by making products that matter and would relish the chance to make, test and learn with us, read on!
The Product Manager Internship: Why Apply?
Product managers at Made by Many are responsible for shaping the vision of a product throughout the design process all the way to a successful launch. They act as the voice of the customer whilst balancing the business goals and facilitating the work of a cross-disciplinary team.
At a glance you should:
- be curious about the way that digital products work
- enjoy sifting through data and talking to customers to uncover new insights and opportunities
- be eager to learn about design research, rapid prototyping and sustainable business models
- feel at home in open, collaborative environments and working with a close-knit team
- have enough experience to work collaboratively and iteratively to build a working product
- demonstrate strong communication skills
You might be studying, or a recent graduate in a field like business, data, technology or entrepreneurship; or you might already be working and want to shift your career to focus on product management and strategy. Our product managers come from a diverse range of backgrounds and we’re open-minded about the type of person we’d like to join us this summer.
What will you do?
You’ll team up with two other interns – a product designer and a developer – to design and develop a new digital product. Throughout the process, you’ll:
- get to work on a ‘live brief’ and develop meaningful solutions to real problems
- gain practical experience using the same processes and methods we use every day
- develop research, collaborative sketching and rapid prototyping skills
- develop the soft skills needed for you to become a digital pioneer.
- walk away with sterling work to boost your portfolio.
What will you gain?
We believe that successful product managers need to be future-proofed. This means that they need to have the mindsets, skills and behaviours that allow them to adapt in an ever-changing world of work – to see opportunities where others might see barriers. The Made by Many Internship 2019 offers its interns the chance to develop not only the digital capabilities necessary to create memorable and meaningful work, but also the confidence and self-belief to thrive in the world of digital product innovation.
If you can demonstrate a passion for what we do, and how we do it, then we’d love to hear from you.
What you need to know…
- The internship runs for three months (July – September 2019)
- This is a paid, full-time position (40 hours/week)
- We require that you work at our canal-side studio, in Angel Islington
- We will give you a computer to use if you don’t have one
- We currently only accept people who are eligible to work in the EU
- Recruitment stages:
- Complete application questions and attach CV
- Complete interview task
- Face-to-face/Skype interview to answer some questions and talk through your task