At American Express we are focused on providing the best customer experience everyday through a differentiated set of products and services. With our mix of assets like rewards, benefits, members only perks, we are re-imagining how commerce and experiences converge in a more modern, digital and connected world.
The Enterprise Digital Platform team strives to deliver a seamless and connected customer experience across channels via One Amex – an ecosystem of platforms that enable fast, scalable, and consistent application development, transforming how we approach design, data, event processing, analytics, and more across the blue box. The One Find product suite offered within One Amex is used across all digital American Express experiences (United States and International) as the Navigation and Site Search tools.
We are looking for a Senior Product Analyst to join the One Find Product team. The Senior Product Analyst works closely with the Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers within and outside of the One Amex team to manage requirements, product backlogs, evangelize the product benefits and provide structure to product development cycle.
We are looking for someone who is strategic, deeply inquisitive, enjoys creative problem solving, has a strong attention to details, and enjoys working at the intersection of tech and business.
In this role you will:
- Interact with users & stakeholders to identify needs, opportunities, gaps, and solve real problems
- Partner with the Product Manager to translates product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements/user stories and acceptance test criteria
- Create an environment of continuous improvement through reflective conversation and regular retrospectives, with the goal to surface issues/concerns and to identify clear action steps
- Partner with other program offices to align on cross-team build dependencies
- Evangelize and educate key stakeholders through product marketing activities (e.g. creating a playbook, tracking success metrics, hosting awareness events / roadshows)
- Identifying opportunities and providing input on product vision, strategy, roadmap, and features, including external benchmarking
- Define, measure and report on metrics related to product launch, process efficiency and performance
What we are looking for in an ideal candidate:
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment that frequently changes
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and diagnose situations to determine the correct action
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with strong personal presence; active listening skills, summarization skills, and lateral thinking to uncover and react to emerging opportunities and drive collaboration and alignment
- A good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen with a customer-first mindset
- High degree of organization, individual initiative and personal accountability
- Shown experience in data analysis and analytical decision-making
- Demonstrated project management, organization, and planning skills applied in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Experience facilitating Agile, Scrum or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions on time, on budget, and to spec
- Experience working with search technologies and/or information architecture (optional)
- Experience working as a web developer (optional)
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.