We are looking for a Product Manager to direct product development across the product range within the company. This is a hands-on role and you will be directly responsible for producing and managing product roadmaps and technical specifications, acting as an interface between customer requirements, engineering, design and R&D. You will drive the development of these products and are ultimately responsible for the success of the product pathway. You must be comfortable working in a technical field and a background in either mechanical engineering/aircrafts or electronics/software would be advantageous; you will also be comfortable pro-actively engaging with customers and our business development activities.
You will need to be a compelling individual who is comfortable taking the lead and can translate ideas into strategy and product features. You will follow product development from start to finish. You will be responsible for creating alignment across the product lifecycle, the various internal teams as well as customer requirements and expectations.
At Animal Dynamics we make vehicles that combine high efficiency with full autonomy and are able to do more with less impact on nature than other vehicles that perform the same tasks. Taking our inspiration from animals and the natural world, we can achieve significant improvements in the performance and efficiency of vehicles in water, air, and ground travel.
Responsibilities… what will you do?
As Product Manager you will be responsible for:
- Translating the products vision and product requirements into technical specifications, product roadmaps and success metrics.
- Developing, defining and communicating the short and medium-term product roadmap, conducting product roadmap meetings and engaging other functions in the Company with this process, communicating clear product development priorities.
- Managing and coordinating, across the company, downstream releases and product-release calendars.
- Coordinating across other functions (e.g. business development, engineering, testing, design etc.) to ensure smooth communication and alignment across different internal groups with often competing interests to keep the product roadmap moving forward
- Providing continuous feedback to Engineering colleagues, from early stage research & development through to shipping products
- Managing the gap between technical product details and user experience.
- Keeping a focus on user experience and customer needs to ensure market fit.
- Developing an understanding of the stated and implicit product requirements of customers and competitors and synthesise these into product strategy.
- Become immersed in the development of innovative autonomous products and their worldwide exploitation, undertaking research and articulating these into product requirements.
- Working with the Animal Dynamics management team to develop the long-term product roadmap for the Company in line with evolving company objectives
- Working with the Executive Team and Business Development, represent the capabilities of Animal Dynamics and the Company’s products to potential customers, users and third-party agencies in a complex marketplace with multiple stakeholders
- Working collaboratively with Business Development and Marketing colleagues to articulate the value, benefits and specifications of the products in their various markets, and collaborate on user trials, product demonstrations, customer integration and product launch activities.
Full details: https://www.animal-dynamics.com/careers