At Kallidus we build products that help our customers to get the most out of their most important asset, their people. Our software lets Human Resources (HR) people deliver training, monitor compliance, run performance reviews and develop talented people in their organisations.
We know there’s a massive opportunity to move beyond traditional enterprise software to a new paradigm where the systems that people use in their working lives provide the same, delightful experiences that people expect in their everyday digital lives. People no longer accept the uninspiring and difficult-to-use tools they’ve been provided with in the past. Times have changed.
In this position, you’ll lead product definition and priorities and provide ongoing market-facing support, working in an agile environment with a Scrum development team. You’ll also combine business and product strategy to ensure the development and execution of the product is in line with the product road map and vision that the Head of Product sets forth.
This is a great opportunity to make a real difference to a fast growing and ambitious company.
- A strong understanding of the customer needs and how they use the products and how they would benefit from new products and enhancements.
- Manage the product backlog (refinement, prioritisation, daily standup and sign off) with a strong emphasis on business value, working day-to-day with Scrum development teams to clarify requirements
- Work with the Head of Product, customers and Scrum teams to develop user stories and acceptance criteria that both align with product strategy and provide clear guidance for Scrum teams.
- Work with the support team to prioritise bugs, defects and technical debt tasks along with new features.
- Act as a primary point of contact for prioritising and articulating requirements into the Scrum development team. Provides sign-off and acceptance of all key deliverables.
- Support the Product strategy and articulate the vision and mission of the product roadmap, including implementation and prioritization.
- Work with development team, sales, customers and product manager to estimate tasks at epic level for road mapping, planning and business cases.
- Maintain the process for “customer suggestions” that feed into product development.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales and service departments on the development of product positioning, demo design, training courses, sales collateral, etc. to ensure that business objectives are achieved.
To be successful in the role, you will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Passion for creating quality products with a great user experience and a good instinct for product direction.
- Ability to communicate effectively with development teams to accomplish project goals.
- Quickly earn the trust of stakeholders to represent their requirements and make decisions on their behalf.
- To be an innovative thinker balancing business needs with technical requirements and recommend alternative technical approaches to meet design requirements when needed.
- To be excellent at communicating and influencing – to be an inspiring ambassador for our products in the marketplace.
- Able to conceptualise, negotiate and sell ideas internally and externally.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in education and experience
- Product owner/management or design experience with a focus on B2B software products and technologies.
- Planning software solutions developed with Agile processes and Scrum team
- Domain knowledge of core HR, Performance Management, Recruiting, Learning, Succession (desirable)
- Experience of the Kallidus Talent Management Suite (desirable)