eBay Classifieds Group is an innovative leader in online classifieds with brands that span the globe. Our sites help people find whatever they’re looking for in their local communities – whether it’s a job, an apartment, a sofa, a car, financial services or even new friends.
A key part of the Group’s strategy is building effective verticals that demonstrate our strength in classifieds, focusing on the automotive category, and in early 2019 eBay completed the acquisition of Motors.co.uk. We now seek to bring together our existing motors businesses in the UK (eBay Motors and Gumtree Motors) with Motors.co.uk, through a project that will integrate the three platforms to build the leading motors proposition for our customers.
We are looking for an experienced and hardworking Senior UX Designer to join our Product team and take responsibility for the experience and design of the motors products both consumer and business. You will be part of a cross functional team, helping define and drive the experience and design for the UK motors business.
This position can be based either in Richmond (London) or Abingdon, Oxfordshire and will report to the Head of Product.
Your Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining a user-centered design approach as you tackle complex design problems in a dynamic environment
- Advocating for simple, modern design and adherence to design conventions (e.g., responsive, accessibility).
- Developing a long term UX vision for motors and breaking it down into concrete steps for agile development
- Translating complex product requirements into intuitive user workflows, concepts and designs
- Comfortable with and capable of executing quality user research, always striving to know the customers for which you are designing
- Iteratively creating and refining low to high-fidelity prototypes
- Identifying overreaching interaction and design patterns that can be used across our product ecosystem to ensure a consistent user and brand experience
- Collaborating deeply with UX team members, product managers and developers through the entire product lifecycle
- Management of a small team of UX designers
- Occasional travel required to Abingdon
- 3+ years of experience as a UX Designer, Product Designer, Interaction Designer or related field.
- A professional online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience.
- A deep understanding of user experience, user research, information architecture,
- interaction design and UI design, user centered design process and design principles.
- Problem solving and interpersonal skills that demonstrate you know how to:
- understand user needs
- translate those needs into modern and intuitive experiences, and
- justify design choices and adjust decisions based on feedback.
- Familiarity with UI patterns for web & apps.
- Both conceptual and design skills.
- Experienced in working in cross-functional teams (incl. product managers for discovery and developers for implementation of designs).
- Expert-level knowledge in a variety of state-of-the-art design, prototyping and other UX tools like Sketch, InVision, Framer, Principle, Abstract…
- Deep knowledge and interest in digital trends and groundbreaking web design.
- Effective oral and written English communication skills.
What we offer:
- Fast growth opportunity working on global products in a start-up like environment.
- Dynamic professional product & technology teams with deep experience across global products and start-ups.
- An excellent working environment with flat hierarchies and lots of flexibility.
- High opportunity to make an impact. Plenty of autonomy and an agile environment.
- International career opportunities throughout eBay Inc.
- Competitive salary, including stock plans and company pension scheme.
- Diverse, highly-skilled international team with a good sense of humour.
We offer an exciting and meaningful role where you will be able to influence your everyday life and work, and where you are part of an international company with colleagues all over the world.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Gumtree is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/