OpenBiome is the world’s first stool bank—a nonprofit organization that is expanding safe access to Fecal Microbiota Transplantation (FMT) and driving groundbreaking clinical research on the human microbiome.
Since launching in 2013 out of MIT, our stool banking service has redefined the standard of care for an emerging field of medicine. When we began, only a handful of clinicians offered FMT, a treatment that has an 85% cure rate for C. difficile, the most common hospital-acquired infection in the country. Today we support FMT programs at over 1,000 medical centers across all 50 states. OpenBiome has delivered more than 45,000 treatments for recurrent C. difficile infection, radically improving the lives of thousands of patients that lack treatment alternatives.
OpenBiome has also emerged as a leading independent research organization. We have developed a pill formulation for FMT, published more than 20 scholarly works and enabled the launch of 30 clinical trials in indications spanning autoimmune disease, infectious disease, malnutrition, metabolic disease, and obesity, and neuropsychiatric disease, to identify opportunities for microbiome-based health interventions. The research that we enable is at the vanguard of understanding how the microbes in our bodies shape major public health challenges.
serves as the main interface between CMC and business partners in other areas of the organization ensuring data integrity, treatment traceability, and chain of custody. The Product Operations team builds user-driven systems and serves up key data insights.
- Champion scalable and sustainable systems and processes that maintain a healthy FMT supply chain
- Lead critical analysis and provide recommendations on long-range projects within the CMC organization, especially those to achieve operational improvements
- Co-create and prioritize with Product Operations team leads to define expectations, potential risks, success measures, go/no go criteria, and rollout strategy for the following (but not limited to) projects:
- Information systems development and implementation
- Supply chain daily operations and development
You will be successful by…
- Cultivating a deep understanding of OpenBiome’s products, processes, systems/tools, personnel, and strategic direction
- Anticipating potential sources of business and customer issues and drive mitigation plans early in the product development lifecycle
- Ensuring process innovation, system efficiency, and continuous improvement through cross-functional communication and engagement
- Empowering the Product Operations team leads to define, structure, and execute operational initiatives by setting the appropriate level of urgency and effectively managing cross-functional teams to complete milestones and deliverables
- A creative, process-driven thinker
- A results-oriented, self-starter with analytical skills
- Comfortable in a matrix environment working across multiple groups and levels
- Tickled brown by poopy humor
- 5-7 years of product management and leadership experience; experience with supply chain and highly regulated environments strongly preferred
- Demonstrated success in data analysis, managing multi-discipline stakeholders, driving complex information system projects from conception to implementation
- Strong writing and verbal presentation skills and particularly effective in simplifying complex analysis into recommendations for a diverse and often senior audience
- BA/BS required; MBA or master’s degree in engineering, operations, system dynamics, design thinking, or related field preferred