Ready to change the future of transportation?
Ito World solves transportation challenges across the globe for millions of travellers every day by delivering real-time transit data feeds to journey planners and a platform for transit authorities and operators. Our mission is to deliver data that is as close to the real-life experience of the traveller as possible. With offices in London and Cambridge, we serve clients from all over the world, such as Apple, Google, Microsoft, the Department for Transport, Arriva and Go-Ahead.
We’re looking for a Product Manager to join our product team based in Cambridge. You’ll already have experience in a product related role, perhaps as a Requirements Analyst, Product Engineer or Product Manager and are looking for a new challenge to deepen your expertise in a fast-moving, mission-driven organisation.
Working closely with a team of global transit data experts, you will take responsibility for the enhancement of our internal software products and tools that we use to deliver our mission.
You will bridge the needs of our transit experts and technical teams: capturing the user requirements, agreeing the development roadmap, working with the engineering teams to ensure timely delivery and to communicate new features and product release information to your internal customers.
As Product Manager, you will own the process from beginning to end and your success will be defined by the delivery of powerful and intuitive tools to your customers and ultimately the accuracy of the data we deliver to our clients.
What you’ll do
Reporting to the Senior Product Manager for Transit Data you will:
- Become the subject matter expert for Ito’s suite of specialist tools and the proprietary technologies behind Ito’s data quality methodology; and advocate for how this impacts customer outcomes.
- Develop an intimate understanding of our data operations processes and work closely with subject matter experts to deliver effective tools and a workflow that can scale rapidly.
- Translate often complex user requirements into detailed user stories.
- Define the product roadmap, prioritise features, manage the product backlog and clearly communicate to all stakeholders
- Actively contribute to sprints and represent the voice of the customer
- Demonstrate the breadth of our platform’s capabilities to clients
- Contribute to written customer proposals, white papers and sales literature
- Conduct competitive analysis, maintain our understanding of the market and help shape the future direction of our product offering
- Contribute to the development of Ito’s value proposition to the journey planning and Mobility-as-a-Service market.
What you need to have
- Strong intellectual ability and comfortable processing and synthesizing information
- Exceptional interpersonal, listening and communication skills
- Collaborative approach and an effective team worker
- Strategic thinking and the ability to prioritise and manage rapidly changing demands
- Great attention to detail
- Experience working in an agile environment
- 2 years experience in product related role
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification in a relevant discipline
What is also desirable
- Experience developing SaaS products
- UI/UX experience
- Experience in fast moving, startup environment
- Experience of highly technical products.
- Interest in urban transport, cities and emerging mobility solutions
What we offer
- £35,000 – £50,000 p.a salary (this may be negotiable for the right candidate)
- 25 days’ holiday
- An opportunity to work with exciting clients, amazing data and on some very cool projects
- Be part of an award-winning team
- An exciting start-up environment, with offices in Cambridge and London
- Work on exciting projects in a friendly, creative and challenging environment
- An exciting start-up culture that values people & opportunities to develop your career