Product Manager San Francisco
We’re actively seeking a Product Manager in our San Francisco location. As part of the Carbon Five team, you’ll work with clients across industries and scale, to build successful products and grow effective teams.
- Collaborate with client, developers and designers to define a feasible product that will support the vision, strategy and goals and translate into actionable stories
- Help define project milestones and keep the team on track while maintaining an open path for extensibility and disruption
- Actively create conditions for team success
- Wrangle stakeholders as needed
- Assist with the identification/refinement of product metrics
- Plan kickoffs and facilitate collaboration exercises
- Introduce and/or co-lead an Agile (XP) process
- Identify and communicate project risks and plan mitigations with the team
- Communicate and share out aspects of the process
- Be an effective teacher of process change
- Participate in early stage business development discussions and help educate prospects on modern software delivery
- Work with team to scope projects and estimate team size and budget
- 4–6 years in a Product Management or related role, preferably in a fast-paced, continuous delivery environment
- Experience working in tight collaboration with design and engineering
- Results oriented — no task is too big or too small
- B2B and B2C product exposure — or ability to navigate the differences between the two
- Solid communication skills
- Systems thinker with experience in project management, user research, business development, and data analysis
- Have strong communication and collaboration skills, including the ability to receive and deliver constructive feedback
- Ability to think on the fly, tolerate ambiguity, suggest solutions for problems found, and demonstrate good judgement
- Ability to stay composed, constructively communicate, and effectively collaborate with clients and teammates when opinions differ
What We Offer
- A new domain, and opportunity to solve a new problem, several times a year
- New collaboration techniques for working with clients, developers, and designers
- Competitive salary + 401K with employer annual profit share contribution
- Full health (Medical, Vision, Dental) + pre-tax commuter benefits
- 3 weeks PTO + 1 week during end of the year holidays
- Lunch or breakfast provided 3x/week
- Paid parental leave
- Professional development budget of $2k/year
- Company-sponsored social events
- Endless banter and puns
About Carbon Five
Carbon Five is a mature, mid-sized, software consulting firm with offices in San Francisco, Santa Monica, Chattanooga, New York City, and Seattle. We work closely with companies to build solid products, designed with a strong consideration for the people who use them.
We are developers, designers, and product managers who know how to work fast and deliver together. We understand that products evolve iteratively and know how to take advantage of that fact to maximize useful feedback during the product life cycle.
Carbon Five hires smart people who work well with others and care more about doing fantastic work than getting all of the credit. Egos are checked at the door. Teams are expected to solve problems and given the support to do so without micro-management. It’s a requirement because every project is different and only a dynamic team can deliver the quality and productivity that goes along with the name. Employees work sane hours because we value work/life balance.
We focus on delivering the right stuff rather than the most: less but better.
And, we’re proud to have seen many of our clients go on to raise significant funding rounds and even go public after our work (yes, we’ve been around that long). Our client portfolio includes a mix of startup, growth, enterprise and non-profit work, with companies like Brandless, Coinbase, Contemporary Jewish Museum, Hulu, and Swell Investing.