Your Mission at BMG.
BMG UK are looking for an experienced Product Owner to join our fast growing team in Paddington. Your mission is to own customer software products used by our Creative & Sync licensing comminity.
- Connect with users in the Creative & Sync licensing community with the aim of understanding them and their needs
- Be the voice of the customer and ensure that our software products are helping the business users achieve better outcomes
- Assess the value of the work using best practices within Product Management (Agile/Scrum)
- Provide vision, direction and methodology to development teams and stakeholders across projects
- Release planning in conjunction with development teams & ongoing communication with business stakeholders.
- Assess value/return on investment, develop business cases, prioritize epics and stories to align with overall business and product strategy
- Ensure a good balance between feature set development and continuing resolving of technical debt
- Play an active role in resolving blockers preventing successful completion
- Empathy for business user requirements & passion for software product development
- Confident managing, inspiring and developing product management teams
- Proven record as a product owner or product manager driving business capability expansion, revenue growth or cost savings
- Preferably former experience in the music or media industry and the IT systems/applications within it
- Track record of understanding core customer needs and translating these clearly into product development process
- Proven ability and desire to engage and collaborate with all stakeholders, make people feel heard and understood, but be able to say no and stand up for tough calls needed to better serve the wider business and clients
- Experience working closely with engineers, agile and/or scrum teams and ability to switch to waterfall where this is the more suitable approach
- Love for music!
Now, what’s in it for you?
- 25 days annual leave plus 3 days between Christmas & New Year
- Subsidised gym membership
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive pension scheme
- Annual gig allowance
- Artist showcases
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Excellent development opportunities
- A fun and sociable office environment
What you should know about us.
BMG is a growing international music company, founded in 2008 with a revolutionary vision for the digital age. Our purpose is to be a better kind of music business. What does that mean? We offer unparalleled creative support, provide the best access to innovative platforms and work hard to maximise the value of each and every copyright; empowering all of our artists and songwriters to achieve their greatest potential. A little bit more of how it should be (we like to think).
BMG is a company with service, transparency and fairness at its heart and a commitment to being the best music company for songwriters, artists and everyone who works with us.
We are a division of the Bertelsmann Group which includes Penguin Random House, RTL Group and Arvato.
Head to our Linkedin, Instagram and twitter channels to get a snippet into what It’s like to work at BMG UK!